Postby autumnalgirl » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:57 am

Like the table cloth!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Improving our living areas!

Postby autumnalgirl » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:39 am

Trying to avoid the naked two year old! I can get a better picture once he moves!!! :hohoho:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:54 pm

They look really good Christi. I thought it may look better your way having them staggered at a quarter rather than half like we had them down. I wiggled them and think they do. What do you all think?

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:23 pm

I like them either way Tory. We did the same as you and kept moving them untill we liked them.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:56 am

I'll try to add a before picture later, I took it on the camera not my phone so nto as quick to upload :giggle: Anyway this is what it is looking like this morning, it will dry to a much lighter, creamy colour adn will have lime wash applied at some point too.

So thrilled to have a 'proper' wall not the crumbling barn like mess that it has been on the far wall and grey breezeblock to the right :puke: (except as you can see didn't manage to finish up to the roof - was just in too much pain and exhuastion by the end of the day!) :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I won't know myself once the tiles are down as well :yahoo: :yahoo:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:22 am

End of day 2 was looking like this with the nasty breeze blocks on one side of the door all gone :yahoo: :yahoo: and first layer over and around the door as well :yahoo:

Hoping to finish up to the bottom of the stairs and all around the door today, not sure if we'll do the 2nd coat on the right hand wall which needs it (although not yet finished the top anyway!) seems a shame to leave it though when the other wall looking so good!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:24 am

It's looking fantastic @clothmama

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:28 am

Allie wrote:It's looking fantastic @clothmama

Thanks @Allie I love how the back wall is so organic, you can still see the lumps of stones and is no where near 'flat' so looks like it has been there for hundreds of years (well it has but ykwim!). Can't wait until it has dried to the lovely cream colour. It has already happened on the breezeblock wall as it just sucks up all the moisture!

PreviousNext

Return to Home Improvements