hf1

Gite renovations.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Gite renovations.

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:05 am

Wow looks like you have plenty of work left to do but it'll be amazing!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:54 am

0_Lisa_0 wrote:Wow looks like you have plenty of work left to do but it'll be amazing!

Just a bit! I was hoping we could get some workaways to help and bought a caravan to do up but it turned out it needs more work than expected so can't really take 2 months or whatever to do that to get them!

I think they are trying to get the new window in upstairs today :yahoo: The current 'window' (I use the term loosly!) is the frame with some plastic stapled to it :hohoho: :hohoho: I'll go up and get a pic before they do anything!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:20 pm

I'm loving seeing all the updates! Not jealous of the hard work though, trying to do our house has been bad enough and it was no where near on that scale!!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:51 am

Current project we are working on is the window that gives out onto the barn (would have been an external wall before they built the barn on in 1832). It took a bit of decision as we wanted to put the stones out to reuse but ultimately we went with the safest, least destructive and quickest option which is filling in the window. On the gite side it will be mainly covered by the new stairs going in but on the other side when we eventually get that sorted out into another gite I'd love to do a trompe d'oeil on the other side ( @emmavmorgan may need you to come and have a 'holiday' :hohoho: :hohoho: ). We had the most enourmous pile of stones in the 'bathroom' and it is crazy how few are left with still about 1/3 to go at the top :shock:

Image Image Image

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:49 am

@clothmama that can be arranged :wink:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:24 am

You are making amazing progress, it's great to see it!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:57 am

emmavmorgan wrote:@clothmama that can be arranged :wink:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I shall hold you to that @emmavmorgan - with plenty of gin to grease the creative wheels :hohoho: :hohoho: I can take the kids off while you paint!

JabberJabber wrote:You are making amazing progress, it's great to see it!

Thanks Kate - it is slower than we'd like but life / J's health / kids / other jobs (J does all our mechanics etc as well as the house) conspires against us! @JabberJabber

Previous

Return to Home Improvements