14%

Total votes : 14
My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Who does the DIY in your house?

Postby ImisMummy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Just out of curiosity really. This week I aid two carpets in our house and when I have mentioned this people find it strange that I did it and not OH. So ladies, are you the handywoman about your house?

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Re: Who does the DIY in your house?

Postby Allie » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:35 pm

I do the majority of the DIY in our house. I'm in the process of redecorating the house from top to bottom. If I waited for dh to do it, then it would never get done :roll:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:46 pm

I do most of the painting and decorating, normally. DH will do the fixing of things, but has to be prompted lots.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:53 pm

We both do it, usually together.

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:09 pm

I put dh aka Arthur as he does half a job then leaves it. I don't mind decorating but when it comes to using a drill I'm useless. I'm not adverse to the screwdriver though.

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:48 pm

I do 99% of the DIY (other 1% is FIL) I can't trust DH to do a job properly and when he does do something he rushes it and makes one HELL of a mess :roll:

I'm impressed you can lay carpets though...I've never tried that :D (I've laid lino and tiles and that's it)

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:15 pm

The issue for us is finding the time for the larger jobs so I usually get someone in to do it for us. Someone put Max's new bed together last week, it would have wiped out a precious day at the weekend for us.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:28 pm

we get people in :oops: I used to do everything when I owned my own home (including fitting a kitchen and tiling a bathroom) but DH is very traditional so I figure as I have to do everything else I'm not doing that too! He has to be nagged a lot though as he doesn't have much time on his hands so unless it's a small job he generally pays someone to do it - I don't mind as long as it gets done!

My avatar
Etak
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Etak » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:46 pm

I do most of it, my partner will help sometimes after lots of nagging and arguments. So sometimes its just not worth asking. I am currently building my son a tree house which I feel really should be a father son bonding experience!! I would not mind doing the DIY stuff if I did not have to do most of cleaning, washing, and household admin stuff and work and looking after the kids. Its a hard life being a women sometimes !!

Next

Return to Home Improvements