hf1

Bathroom storage

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Bathroom storage

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:49 am

I'm looking for inspiration for bathroom storage.

We have a small bathroom, about 2m x 2m and are getting a new suite - a shower over the bath, loo and basin. We will need to keep the spare sheets and towels in the bathroom too, so I am considering what to put in.

I'm not a huge fan of totally fitted bathroom furniture, but will consider it. I was thinking of something like a single tall cabinet, but it would need to be quite deep.

So, show me what you have, or point me to the things you find on other sites please.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Bathroom storage

Postby ems101 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:54 am

We have a tiny bathroom too, and no room for towel storage. Did see quite a cool cupboard over the top of the door in someone elses bathroom which i though was a great use of space. We might get one put in... one day...!

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:00 am

If the bath doesn't fill one wall you can build a cabinet/box area at one end and have it tiled. I did one myself in our tiny bathroom and the 'shelf' behind the bath means we can put bath toys etc within reach. I also put up shelves on the wall above it to make space for toiletries and plants.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:35 am

Have you thought of a towel rack? I have high ceilings and a relatively small bathroom and it doesn't intrude into the bathroom space at all. John Lewis I know sell them x

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:36 am

Aimeet-i did exactly the same thing and keep toys in also. Such a timesaver :) x

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:38 am

Dora wrote:Have you thought of a towel rack? I have high ceilings and a relatively small bathroom and it doesn't intrude into the bathroom space at all. John Lewis I know sell them x

Is that something that goes on the floor?

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:39 am

No-on the wall-and mine is quite high as well although I guess you could put it where-ever you fancy!

My avatar
smaths
Clothie
Clothie

Postby smaths » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:54 pm

have you seen the bathroom range in Ikea? They have rather snazzy wash stands that have drawers built in below the wash hand basin. Not cheap though but incredibly practical if you're short of storage space.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:18 pm

Built in vanity units underneath your sink are a good way to use that space. Replacing a radiator with a heated towel rail gives you somewhere to hang a few towels. A hook on the back of the door for a linen bag rather than having a basket. A shelf over the top end of the bath. The Hemnes range at IKEA have some good storage solutions - this bathroom cabinet seems quite good, 2m tall, 49cm wide but only 31cm deep so perhaps not deep enough http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/produ ... #/70217685

Return to Home Improvements