The bathroom UPDATE!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

The bathroom UPDATE!

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:27 am

This is the current bathroom...

The bath isn't sealed and is a very thin acrylic, the basin is chipped in a few places, the toilet isn't stable and leaks from the cistern where it is bolted to the pan (which would require an angle grinder as the bolts are totally rusted). The shower, which you can't see as it is next to the toilet is a mass of mould and the base unit leaks. We have been told not to use it by the electrician as it has not been wired properly. The floor tiles are not too bad, but mopst of the grout needs replacing. So, we went to Homebase and have bought a new suite and are waiting to organise when it will be installed.

The new bathroom suite is this one...

Basin and toilet
ImageImage

Bath and shower
We will have the straight bath and the same screen as in this picture and a new electric shower will go over the bath.

We are going to tile half way up the walls with these http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=157111 and a border of this (although cut in half to make them smaller) http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=376241

The flooring will be laminate and I am still looking for a storage unit to go where the old shower usef to be, but I am thinking of this

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: The bathroom must go!

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:34 am

The new bathroom is going to look great!

I love simple white bathrooms with just a small splash of colour!

Great idea switching to a shower over the bath & using the old shower Soave for storage! Much more practical with a family I think.

When do they start on the work?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:38 am

@eviesmummy Here ya go!

@docmaggoo Not sure yet, but should find out Tues or Weds!

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:50 am

pph - that's gonna look lovely!! love the colour on the tiles x

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:18 am

Looks like it will look loads better! Make sure u get a really decent bathroom laminate for the floor tho.

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:25 am

My dad has the exact same tiles (orange ones) in his new house and my step mum hates them :giggle:

The white will look so much better :thumbsup:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:39 am

that is going to look fab hun. I was aghast at the wooden loo seat :giggle: my Mum and Dad have one in their downstairs loo and it fills me with horror :oops:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:41 am

@laxylexis We have gone for a bathroom laminate that has a seal over the top and we will have beading/sealant around the edges.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:43 am

Kirstyh wrote:that is going to look fab hun. I was aghast at the wooden loo seat :giggle: my Mum and Dad have one in their downstairs loo and it fills me with horror :oops:

Oh my goodness. I used straight bleach on it too as soon as we came in!

Next

Return to Home Improvements