hf1

Bedroom ideas please!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Bedroom ideas please!

Postby Frances » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:45 pm

We're redecorating over the next couple of months and will be redoing Jasmine's bedroom, which currently has a bright girly jungle theme. DH doesn't know yet :giggle: but I'm planning to redecorate in a shabby chic theme which is more grown up and will see her through the next few years. I don't want any bright pink or character themes, but something really pretty and subtle.

Ideas would be great, I'm currently thinking neutral cream carpet and paint accessorised with home-made bunting, and a home-made quilt from one of these books:

Any other suggestions (ideally with pics please!)? :)

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Bedroom ideas please!

Postby busybee » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:47 pm

Sorry I don't have anything helpful to say, but I think that sounds lovely! We are doing DD's bedroom now too (she's 4) and I love the sound of your ideas Frances. :D

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:55 pm

busybee wrote:Sorry I don't have anything helpful to say, but I think that sounds lovely! We are doing DD's bedroom now too (she's 4) and I love the sound of your ideas Frances. :D

:) What style are you going for?

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:02 pm

We did the Mouse's room in a similar style. She has painted floorboards in a pale blue, a large lilac gingham rug, pale green walls with white butterfly and flower transfers, white furniture and her name in big letters in a variety of pastel shades and prints. I'll pm you a photo, as I don't want to show her name on here.

Everything goes together, but nothing matches, which makes it easier to add new things. Her lampshade is a basic plain white and I glued lilac ric-rac on in a check print. I think ginghams, stripes spots and florals in lilac/green or pink/greens work really nicely, I'm just planning a quilt for her in Tanya Whelan, the blue/green version of these - Image

I love checks and ginghams on walls. I had planned to paint a blue gingham on one of Peanut's walls.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:05 pm

Thanks Lucie, great ideas and those fabrics are just the type I had in mind - I'm thinking pale pink and green :widesmile:

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:07 pm

?

That's the Tanya Whelan Delilah Promise FQ pack, from www.cottonpatch.co.uk

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Scarlett's bedroom is a bit shabby chic but not in the 'really grown up' way...

I found an old fashioned wooden bed and painted it - then dressed the bed with a nice throw & cushions.

She has some white painted wicker draws (and a mummy made neutral painting above her bed) & a shabby chic little bedside lamp

She has grown up but with a touch of girly pink gingham curtains / blind

...and you can just about see the pretty butterfly wallpaper on her chimney breast, the rest of the room is a very pale apple green

I did contemplate some bunting for the wall shelf but she has a teepee in her bedroom too and with the wallpaper & curtains etc i felt it would be too much so didnt bother.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:31 pm

That's stunning Rox!!

Love the wallpaper.

I need to decide what to do about curtains, if she stays in her current room I'll need to make some or if she moves up to an attic bedroom I need to find a suitable velux blind :)

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:33 pm

Frances wrote:That's stunning Rox!!

Love the wallpaper.

I need to decide what to do about curtains, if she stays in her current room I'll need to make some or if she moves up to an attic bedroom I need to find a suitable velux blind :)

Scarlett will be moving into our attic bedroom too sometime this year so that Sadie can have her bedroom (its next to ours and i think Scarlett will be better up there if baba is crying etc) but planning to keep the theme going, different but still girly pastel wallpaper and will need velux blinds too but will go neutral with those to make them blend with the ceiling.

Next

Return to Home Improvements