hf1

Too much brown!

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Too much brown!

Postby bekhi1983 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:00 am

Lol. We lack indoor planting Callum would just dig them out and spread the soil. Most of our front room furniture was free, I originally had brand new Argos rubbish, it didn't last 2 seconds, we now have a dark oak sideboard from a fb free to collect page, and Indian dark wood coffee table and nest of tables from what was Freecycle (now freegle) we still have a Argos bookcase though which stands out like a sore thumb, I would love to create a built in one over the door and part of the wall. You can't beat old furniture, they just don't build things like they use to without a huge price tag. Anything new we have has been bought in sales. I love a bargain.

I wouldn't replace the curtains personally, they are gorgeous. :love:

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:19 pm

Yeah, I love old stuff! Gradually replacing the Argos/ikea/next stuff I bought many years ago when I left home, with rescued pieces from junkyards and the local facebay.

I LOVE the hunt - took me a year to find the piano stool (which i've still to strip and upholster), and I know one day I'll find a side table and mini bookcase! We were also able to rescue some of dh's grandmother's bits that were destined for the salvation army, so that's been nice.

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:37 pm

I still have my late grandma's dressing table, it's a walnut veneer probably ugly to some, but I refuse to get rid of it. It matches nothing in our bedroom but I don't care it's only us that see it.

I have bought a brand new next dining table this week in the sale though, now I just have to hunt down 8 chairs, hoping to find some on eBay to re-upholster in something a little different. It keeps dh busy :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:36 pm

@twinkletoes no problem! When you are looking at your pic there is a box underneath with various copy options, the bottom one is img so you just copy that and paste in your post and it will show your pic!

I also noticed some of your lovely old furniture and agree the curtains are very in keeping . I wonder if you could lighten them by adding some sheer (unpatterned) curtains behind? The plant idea sounds good too.

Previous

Return to Home Improvements