Baby's room (pic heavy)

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Baby's room (pic heavy)

Postby emmab16 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:46 am

have added some photos :) It's lush

Elizabeth enjoying her first change in her new room!

It's a v small room with a v big window!

almost done painting E's room - am hoping she will be in it for her 1st birthday!!! Her party is 18th Aug so it will have to be done by then :giggle:

Have been suffering with tonsilitis since last week (so much for a holiday!) but decided to get up early today as the kids are with MIL & get the painting done, only got to wait to do the skirting boards tomorrow, which I hate , so now I am off to BED for a NAP....... ooo a nap at 12 noon sounds like I am a lady of leisure!

xx
Last edited by emmab16 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Baby's room

Postby clothmama » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Pics needed! :giggle:

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Aww lush! pics!

I am starting Scarlett's new bedroom next week. DH will join in at the weekend :)

Hoping to get it done whilst she is on her hols with Grandma for a week. - i have a few pieces of furniture to paint as well as turning the dark skirtings and woodwork white so its gonna take a while!!

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:22 pm

Rox wrote:Aww lush! pics!

I am starting Scarlett's new bedroom next week. DH will join in at the weekend :)

Hoping to get it done whilst she is on her hols with Grandma for a week. - i have a few pieces of furniture to paint as well as turning the dark skirtings and woodwork white so its gonna take a while!!

always good when they're not around & you can get soooo much done. Are you going to prime the skirtings first to get rid of the dark wood? might be worth getting a proper primer to cover it once & for all!

now to do the glossing...... :roll:

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:35 pm

emmab16 wrote:

always good when they're not around & you can get soooo much done. Are you going to prime the skirtings first to get rid of the dark wood? might be worth getting a proper primer to cover it once & for all!

No, i'll do a couple of coats of good satinwood, it will cover fine. Unfortunately tho there's quite a bit of wood in there, not to mention the dresser and side table oh and ottoman i also need to paint.

It will be lovely when its done but i'm not looking forward to having to paint so much wood.

Def better when theyre not around, hence waiting until she is on her hols!

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:19 pm

Rox wrote:
emmab16 wrote:

No, i'll do a couple of coats of good satinwood, it will cover fine. Unfortunately tho there's quite a bit of wood in there, not to mention the dresser and side table oh and ottoman i also need to paint.

It will be lovely when its done but i'm not looking forward to having to paint so much wood.

Def better when theyre not around, hence waiting until she is on her hols!

If it's a knotty wood, you may need knot stop. I usually don't bother with primer these days, but a vintage wardrobe in a dark wood i did a while back now has staining coming through from knots despite the FIVE layers of paint it took to cover it. Depends on the grain I think though.

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:09 pm

yes - I think it was knot stop I was thinking of as this happened when we painted our very old airing cupboard, gradually the knots came back thru the white gloss :(

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:21 pm

I've started the tiny two's bedroom today! I am so excited about doing it, I hope it turns out as I envisage it, then on to my and Tegan's room :)

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:33 pm

sounds like we're all taking the opportunity to get some decorating done :)

Next

Return to Home Improvements