hf1

Decorating to sell.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Decorating to sell.

Postby fivefourfour » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:12 pm

We're doing well with packing up and with M away for a few days, we're going to crack on with some decorating, but we're stuck with the colour for the cloakroom walls.

It has plain white lino floor, plain white walls, blue tiles and obviously white sanitary ware. We have a couple of pretty white guest towels with a broderie anglais trim. The only other things in the room are a wooden medicine cabinet and a wooden bin. I'm thinking we should put a bit of colour in the room, so it's not so white but obviously when selling people normally keep it as simple as possible. Any thoughts?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Decorating to sell.

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:33 am

I'd be tempted to pick up the blue of the tiles, perhaps get some towels that are the same or similar colour? You could add other little blue touches like a blue mat on the floor, perhaps a print on the wall and a candle on the toilet cistern? They are all cheap ideas that you can take with you so while making it look pretty you can keep them if that makes sense?!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:50 am

I like coloured glassware in bathrooms x

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:08 am

Stick to white walls then?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:46 am

fivefourfour wrote:Stick to white walls then?

I think so especially in a toilet it is clean and fresh imo :D

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:49 am

What about painting it magnolia or antique white - rather than white white it will add a creamy element to it and it looks good with white without being a colour.

If youre moving, keep it simple - you could make it 'pretty' with the towels but ultimately as a buyer clean, fresh and no strong colours are best x

My avatar
mummy_mi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummy_mi » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:00 am

I'd go with creams/magnolia etc as sometimes too much white can look a bit unwelcoming and cold x

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:43 am

Personally I'd stick with white walls and accessorise with a similar blue to the tiles. May be a nice blue mat on the floor and matching towels to bring a bit of colour into the room. I think cream walls next to a white suite has the potential to look a bit dingy iyswim.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:48 am

Another vote for white with blue accessories, we're looking to buy ATM and certainly the more colourful properties have had some choice comments :oops: ( the one we saw yesterday had purple walls and a blue leather suit, bleugh :lol: )

Next

Return to Home Improvements