hf1

Decorating to sell.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Decorating to sell.

Postby Allie » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:50 am

0_Lisa_0 wrote:Another vote for white with blue accessories, we're looking to buy ATM and certainly the more colourful properties have had some choice comments :oops: ( the one we saw yesterday had purple walls and a blue leather suit, bleugh :lol: )

:hohoho: :hohoho: Lisa we're househunting too at the moment and we've seen some horrors

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:50 am

Allie wrote:Personally I'd stick with white walls and accessorise with a similar blue to the tiles. May be a nice blue mat on the floor and matching towels to bring a bit of colour into the room. I think cream walls next to a white suite has the potential to look a bit dingy iyswim.

I have antique white walls with white woodwork in my hallway and bedroom, looks lovely and fresh :wink:

As long as the woodwork in the room (and the tiles etc) are also white it should contrast nicely and warm the room up. All white is a bit too clinical for me, especially with blue too which is another cold colour.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:15 pm

We did a quick shop today and got some blue towels which perfectly match the tiles and other blue accesories. The walls are pure white at the moment and I think we'll stick with that. It's a small room and we can use paint we've got for the bathroom to save on funds and keep it simple.

Js doing some sanding/filling and I'm going to try and paint it later while he preps the hall - assuming my back is up to the job.

Previous

Return to Home Improvements