85%

Total votes : 13
My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: House options

Postby happytails » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:53 am

2 definitely :) it looks lovely and sounds like a nice lOcation/distance between things. No1 was a major put me off for me personally due to the bad estate nearby and allthd renovation you'd 'have' to do rather than 'want' to do x

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:06 am

I'd go with 2
It's much prettier, plus I wouldn't want to be near a dodgy estate & being so close to a school you could end up with parents parking all over your road, double parking, blocking drive etc
My Uni house was in the next road from a school & was such a nightmare in the morning & at pick-up time - both clashed with times I was trying to leave - would never ever live that close to a school again!

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby willowherb » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:15 am

No. 2 is lovely :-)

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:28 am

We've viewed number one, really liked it, the work we'd 'have' to do is more like I want to do it! It's not run down, it's just very old-fashioned. J would probably be happy to leave it!

Viewing number two on thursday. I think I'd prefer number two based on location and style of house from outside, but in terms of the house itself, number one would suit us better.

We both think that we'd spend about as much on each of them, both in terms of purchase price and cost of updating and building work, and that we'd get more a return on that with number two.

Number one being a cul-de-sac means it won't be a rat run, and there's lots of parking by the school, so that shouldn't be an issue, but it will be busy at drop-off/pick-ups. The schools are both very good. Number one is three form intake, whereas number two is two form, so a lot smaller. Number one has rep for being very academic but a bit 'cold'. Number two is 'good' from ofsted, but the last report was under the previous headteacher (have spent the last ten minutes thinking of the word I want here - the non-academic side of a school, social, religious etc. Anyway, that's good at the school!).

The estate by number one is very close, and certainly used to be pretty dodgy, not so sure now. My sister is a bit prejudiced as BIL's ex lives there!

In terms of the feel, we spent ages looking when we bought this house - our first. I really wanted a victorian one a little way away, but logically, it was a bad deal. So we bought here, which has been a lovely home, but I've never loved it. Yet, we've been very happy here. I'd like a house to feel right when we walk in, but I know that money and location and things are very important and you can't really rely on emotions when you're spending so much money...

My avatar
LeezMaree
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby LeezMaree » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:17 pm

The downstairs bathroom would put me off too, especially with a child who might need the toilet overnight might not make it downstairs in time or even know where they're going if half asleep.

I think they both look lovely and have plus points. Good luck deciding :D

Previous

Return to Home Improvements