hf1

Talk to me about underfloor heating and help find a kitchen.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Talk to me about underfloor heating and help find a kitchen.

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:00 am

So the surveyor was in yesterday and apart from a couple of loose roof tiles we have the green light for our new house :wine: we now just have to exchange contracts (no idea how long that'll take) but it means I can look for my kitchen :D
So I need help please ladies I need a long narrow kitchen with space for my washer/ dryer/ dishwasher/ fridge freezer. I think the sink will go at the far end of the kitchen under the window but that's it. I think the appliances are going to have to go at the top under a work top and then opposite I have my first big problem because I need to find a tall narrow (maybe no more than a foot) wall unit for my dry goods. So that's my first part please, the second thing is its so small I don't think I'll get a radiator in, so can anyone talk to me about underfloor hearing. OH is saying it'll be a waste if it breaks as we'll have to rip up the floor to fix it so thought I would try get some experiences.
Thanks ladies :)

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Talk to me about underfloor heating and help find a kitchen.

Postby Woozle35 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:06 am

Daves bf has underfloor heating in his kitchen and its brilliant. All the years we had no heating, when we were at his house I was always sat on his toasty warm floor. He has had it about 10 years and never had a problem. Apart from that no other experience of it, but I know it economical. xx

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:19 am

they used to have it at work, was lovely! there must be a way of putting in a trapdoor type hatch for services...

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:27 am

Kitchen design youre best seeing someone about it (you dont have to go with their business :wink: ) - no experience of under floor heating but as an alternative there are plinth heaters. We have an original tiled floor in our kitchen so i wasnt prepared to rip it up (no wall space for a rad) but my kitchen guy suggested a plinth heater and it works great. Its not on very much and is instant heat so its very cheap to run.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:31 am

What's a plinth heater?

My avatar
clothpixie
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clothpixie » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:42 am

We're getting a new kitchen next month. The kitchen designer was here on Friday for 2hrs45mins going over everything we needed and wanted in our kitchen. He was great and we decided to go with his company. As said though you don't have to use them to buy from but they will help you plan your kitchen properly :wink:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:35 am

Ikea have an online kitchen planner tool that could help, DIY places like Ikea, b+q, himebase etc all have kitchen planners in store and will help. A long thin wall radiator might fit better than a short wide one.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:44 am

eviesmummy wrote:Ikea have an online kitchen planner tool that could help, DIY places like Ikea, b+q, himebase etc all have kitchen planners in store and will help. A long thin wall radiator might fit better than a short wide one.

I won't fit one at all if I want enough cupboards and to keep my appliances

Next

Return to Home Improvements