hf1

New bed!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

New bed!

Postby sim » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:44 am

Where is a good place to buy one that won't break the bank??? We have a Dreams nearby but I'm not convinced they are good value....

Our current bed was new but came with the house we rent and is horrid. 3 and a half years on and I can feel the springs and it is ruining my back. I know I'm probably noticing it more now as ligaments etc loosen but I've been woken up at silly o'clock today by how much my lower back is hurting!!!

Brand recommendations also welcome!

My avatar
Connie_334
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: New bed!

Postby Connie_334 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:48 am

I hate bed springs!!

We have a memory foam mattress which we got when it was on offer and I find it really comfy.

I've got to change the sheets later so I'll let you know the make.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:00 am

I'd go with John Lewis or a reputable maker who will do returns etc and you cab go to a store to try out first. @Rox knows alot about mattresses if I remember rightly! Hehe!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:32 am

I think Dreams are incredibly expensive! We ended up buying our bed from an independent department store and have been very happy with it. It was a bit indulgent though as it's hand made and has one side of the mattress as regular support and the other side is firm support. DH would sleep on a board if I let him so this way we are both happy. Its a super king and was £1500 in the sale whereas Dreams wanted £1500 for a standard made king size.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:33 am

We bought a new bed when I was pregnant with Imogen, I've no idea what the shop was but it was in colindale ikea do some comfy beds but if you ever decide you want to change the mattress you've got to get another ikea one :roll:
Yes avoid dreams like the plague :giggle:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:37 am

I thought you might all say that about Dreams :giggle:

IKEA is appealing as is seems pretty cheap but as you said @weefywoo that then ties us in to their beds and bed linen.
Whereabouts in Colindale was the store? On Edgware Road?

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:43 am

Yes more towards the the burnt oakish way! It's right above the macdonalds.

We did have an ikea bed before and never used their bed linen, I'm fussy about duvets and pillows :giggle:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:46 am

So what did you use that fitted??

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:51 am

Yes fitted sheets from John Lewis admittedly it was a bit of a squeeze but once they were on it was fine

Next

Return to Home Improvements