hf1

Living room - organisation and decoration

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Re: Living room - organisation and decoration

Postby girlinleeds » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:34 pm

autumnalgirl wrote:I would love a bay window to put a Christmas tree in!

me too, i keep trying to convince dh we should put one in

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:42 pm

littlesez wrote:I like it how it is and its not messy ! What don't you like about it ?

The tv could be wall mounted , and a different colour would make it a different room. When Leon stops his wall art :roll: I'm gonna do one of those pale blue or green , duck egg I think it's called ?

What I don't like about it is that I'm not a fan of the colours and we've not done anything to this room since we arrived. We are definitely going to have to do something about the chimney as there is soot coming down into that cupboard.

Hubby and I think we will leave it as a flat chimney breast where we could always add a fire in at a later point, but funds won't stretch to that at the moment.

I think what else I don't like is that our sofa and chair are really just the wrong size for the room and they are both falling apart - they were given to us 3rd hand about 8 years ago.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:43 pm

I'm a big fan of white - I think it makes rooms look big and bright and airy. I think built in shelves like the pic Marie put up would be lovely. Is Anthony a good DIYer?

New sofas can make a huge difference, even if you buy 2nd hand if you do it smartly you can get some lovely nearly new stuff at a fraction of the price as long as you can pick it up. I am a massive fan of the Ikea Ektorp range, the covers are washable and they have lots of different sizes and shapes and ottomans and they are really comfy. We currently have 4 (don't ask!!) sofas - 2 material and 2 in leather all Ektorp. Worth a look on gumtree or a trip to Ikea :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:45 pm

clothmama wrote:Is Anthony a good DIYer?

Is that your husbands name or did I make that up :lookround: :lookround: :hohoho: ?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:37 pm

clothmama wrote:
clothmama wrote:Is Anthony a good DIYer?

Is that your husbands name or did I make that up :lookround: :lookround: :hohoho: ?

Not made up :giggle:

Go for a colour change then see how you feel @jabberjabber

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:20 am

We had an Ektorp from IKEA too it was white and even with kids it stayed white because it could be washed at 60 :thumbsup:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:46 am

Shelves that hubby has built and big hole where fireplace was (long story involving tax returns and a log burner)!!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:10 am

:thumbsup: what are you using as a living room while he is doing that @autumnalgirl ?

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:16 am

We are mainly in the kitchen @clothmama. We have the two armchairs in there whilst he has it gutted. Not missing tv at all, forgotton how lovely and peaceful it is not having one!

PreviousNext

Return to Home Improvements