What grey for kitchen units?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: What grey for kitchen units?

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:13 pm

sim wrote:What colour counter top, wall and floor are you planning?

I realised I'd only answered half your question @sim - the back room / summer kitchen we'll keep the same pale terracotta tiles (modern not real but they are OK) that are in there (same as the bathroom next door to it) as they are fine and silly to redo what are quite nice and in good nick for a small space. We are looking at pale limestone type tiles (can't remember what they are called - something starting with T!!) in the rest of the house downstairs, although if we can source some old terracotta tiles that don’t need a mortgage then we would possibly do the kitchen with them (dont' hold out on finding them though especially 30m2 of them!). Walls I'll go with white, I love white with wooden beams, it is so fresh and clean and bright looking. I can always add colour later once we've lived in different rooms for a while and i think you cna do cool things with decor / soft furnishings easier with plain white walls :D Counter tops I'm thinking the Ikea wooden ones, we've had them before and really liked them. Our current one we have got cut on by children / or visitors over the summer so looks awful already even though we've only had it in less than 6 months!! At least with the wood you can 'fix' it if something happens!

No idea on splash backs though - anyone seen anything cool? They are doing lovely pressed metal ones in Australia but not seen them over here, I'd seriously consider them if I could source them.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: What grey for kitchen units?

Postby sim » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:47 pm

I think I'd go for the palest colour or possibly the lighter colour on the top row.

Could you use one on the lower cabinets and the other on wall cabinets?

Previous

Return to Home Improvements