Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:32 am

Looking fab, I wish I was good DIY

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Improving our living areas!

Postby Aeseldyr » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:18 am

Looks amazing @clothmama can't believe that you are doing do much work yourself - would not know where to start :hohoho:
Love how you are keeping it insync with the original country-french feel :love:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:34 am

@Louise - some pics of the stuff we've been up to with the house! The gite is still boring knocking holes in walls stuff so not much to see there!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed May 20, 2020 10:25 am

Oops didn't realise I hadn't updated this for so long!

We've been working on the upstairs bedroom and we've split it in 2 and made a small ensuite toilet (must have posted the pic in another thread :x ) off what will be our bedroom and installed airconditioning.

Yesterday we finished getting up the last of the plasterboard on the ceiling of our bedroom, still all the plastering to do (long horrid job!) and painting but thrilled with how it is looking :x .

This was taken just before the last sheet was hung, you can see the aircon hidden under plastic to keep it clean from the dust. Hallway is through the right hand door and our little ensuite on the left:
The new wall that splits what was a 30m2 room into 2 (Rémy's will be on the other side):
The finished 1/2 of the celing. I'm going to try to find a cool old chandelier and do it up as the light. Not sure what we are doing on the back wall - it is north facing so I thinking I might do the lime render like down stairs but with hemp in it for insulation. There will also eventually be a big window there.

I'll try to find the pic of the toilet!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Thu May 21, 2020 10:01 pm

Wow lots of hard work there @clothmama well done! Fiddly by the looks of things.

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Fri May 22, 2020 8:30 am

I need to open this on the laptop so I can see it properly! You've done so much!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:02 pm

So this is the end of the house - the current window (well blocked up behind the shutter) sits at floor level up stairs and then the north end of our kitchen is underground (stays very cool in the summer!). You'll see it is also not very straight :hohoho: So yesterday we went and got out the 'new' window and cleaned it up and took a million measurements working out what would work.

J then did clever stuff on the computer so we could see what it really will look like :yahoo: I can't wait fo rit to be in (although the outside probably wont be until the autumn due to heat, we'll get the window in inside then we can finish the decorating then when we are ready just finish opening up!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:45 pm

It's going to look fabulous @clothmama!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:38 am

Allie wrote:It's going to look fabulous @clothmama!

It really will! Look forward to seeing it!

PreviousNext

Return to Home Improvements