Improving our living areas!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Improving our living areas!

Postby clothmama » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:49 am

Lots of decisions this week. We've just FINALLY made a proper decision about the new stairs (the current ones are a/ ugly and b/ not very safe - each step isnt' wide enough!). :yahoo: :yahoo: We have had stair discussions probably 20 times and end up overwhelmed and put to the side so it is terribly exciting to have finally worked out something that will work!!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:45 am

This week saw massive work going into the window. The interior lintel is now in and have started removing the rockson the inside layer (we'll get the window and and this side all shored up then start on the outside - although you may not you can see a little day light!). Very hard work for the guys, amazing how much rock is in a wall. And the dust - OMG the dust! It will be worth it though!!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:25 pm

You have so much patience! Especially with the dust!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:45 pm

It will be amazing, but I don't envy you that dust!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:16 pm

@confusinglady @autumnalgirl it is horrific, that room is just coated and L has cleared up all the big mess (rocks and chuncks of 150 year old mud between the rocks) but there is the dust of knocking out the rocks then the AWFUL dust where dh has had to angle grind the stone to give sharp edges (look at pic's under the lintel and you'll see what I mean). The upstairs toilet is off that room and everything is dusty, I've not even bothered attempting to sort it as Monday will be back to it!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:08 pm

Getting there! Frames all up (more than in the pic) and electricity wires all run for sockets. Also added depth to the lintel so it will be out where the plasterboard finishes. Just need to do the insulation and plasterboard :widesmile:

Image Image

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:08 pm

Wow looks great!! What a lovely room it’s going to be :thumbsup:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:11 pm

confusinglady wrote:Wow looks great!! What a lovely room it’s going to be :thumbsup:

Thank you! The corner to the right you can see in the 3rd pic is where our little wc / sink ensuite is. Not sure I've actually uploaded a pic, I'll need to look back (not that it is finished but has toilet, some tiles and a sink in the wrong spot (until we do the custom made concrete worktop to fit around the chimney flue!). @confusinglady

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:39 am

clothmama wrote:
confusinglady wrote:Wow looks great!! What a lovely room it’s going to be :thumbsup:

Thank you! The corner to the right you can see in the 3rd pic is where our little wc / sink ensuite is. Not sure I've actually uploaded a pic, I'll need to look back (not that it is finished but has toilet, some tiles and a sink in the wrong spot (until we do the custom made concrete worktop to fit around the chimney flue!).

I’m not sure I’ve seen en-suite pics

PreviousNext

Return to Home Improvements