Improving our living areas!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Improving our living areas!

Postby clothmama » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:35 pm

autumnalgirl wrote:Amazing what some white paint does!

I know! I'd always said if we did this again the first thing I'd do is slap white paint on everything - just taken me a while to get here :giggle:

And with the sofa back and a few other little bits. Just want to get a couple of photos up and maybe something nice for on the window sill :widesmile: oh and a French plug so the lamp can actually be used :giggle:

ETA and J is going to change the horrid brown lightswitch for a white one for me!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:29 am

We were busy yesterday and I'm thrilled! Remember this?
to this?Image
Now look :widesmile: :widesmile:
Image Image

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:19 am

Oh wow @clothmama! You must be thrilled?! It looks great!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:25 am

confusinglady wrote:Oh wow @clothmama! You must be thrilled?! It looks great!

Stupidly thrilled @confusinglady ! It was a bookshelf (I use that in the loosest sense - it wasn't wide enough nor the shelves high enough!) on the other side of the room and looked awful - such a mess. We took it down (books in a box for the time being!) in preparation for me painting that side of the room and were trying to work out what to do with it. We though we even hated the colour as it looked a bit orange when it was on the orange wall but now it is up on the white wall it looks fabulous and gives me some great storage for my jars and mugs :yahoo: :yahoo:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:40 am

Wow! Perfect jar storage! Looks brilliant!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:56 am

So on Friday I went to the DIY store to get some tiles for the bathroom and a new toilet to go in. I went with white and then we are going to do natural stone border along the top (probably 2 squares wide). One of the walls is exposed stone so we thought this would tie it all in nicely:
For 3 years we have been ummming and ahhhhing about what to use as the flooring through our downstairs - the kitchen currently has some OKish tiles (not very well laid :roll: ) but we want to have the same throughout. The rest of downstairs is still concrete which is doing our heads in! Everything we have bought samples home to try we've not been very pleased with. They had someend of line specials on and I spotted a wood look tile that I thought might work so I bought enough to do the back entry area as we thought that wouldn't matter if it was different and the tiles were such a good price we thought if we really didn't like them we could change them later but just to get rid of the concrete would be amazing! When we got home we put them out and watched them over the afternoon / evening / night and yesterday morning and decided we all love them :shock: :shock: (not what I'd originally wanted at all!) so J and J went back and bought the whole stock they had! We are slightly short of the number of boxes we need but that is taking in the 10% over as well so hoping we cna manage to do the whole gite and in here with them. They are really lovely, lots of texture and they look really rustic and lovely - so pleased! They change colour quite a lot too - sometimes pale grey, sometimes more cream in direct light. Pic as requested @Aeseldyr

ETA some more as the sun changes over the morning:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:13 am

Love them! We have something similar in our kitchen. I really wanted wood, but it's just not that practical!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:19 am

autumnalgirl wrote:Love them! We have something similar in our kitchen. I really wanted wood, but it's just not that practical!

Oh good! Could I have a pic? What pattern did you lay them @autumnalgirl ?

I was told from day dot I couldn't have wood :cry: due to damp on concrete adn in the old walls so have always been looking at tiles. We love the old terracotta tiles but for the size we needed you could almost buy another house down here :hohoho: :hohoho: I also love the reconstituted limestone tiles but they are really expensive too and need sealing / nothing spilling / no wine or vinegar on them etc - not great for our family or a gite really! I'm really pleased with them and can't wait to get them down!

Just added 2 more pics as the sun has changed through the morning.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:30 am

On fire this morning - not a permanent change but just moved all our officejunk stuff off the table and replaced the very sad table cloth with a new scandi / chooky / wintery table cloth!

PreviousNext

Return to Home Improvements