hf1

Trying to redo a tiny bathroom

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Trying to redo a tiny bathroom

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:42 pm

So I thought I'd catalogue some of the fun. Our bathroom is a teeny tiny 180cm by 190cm (written down it seems impossible to be so small!)
My current favourite picks

Toilet and sink combo

Tiles

We're planning on keeping the bath as it's a nice big ceramic tub but it'll need a new bath panel.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Trying to redo a tiny bathroom

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:43 am

So it's currently a toss up between this unit and sink
Or the same unit with a work top and a tall tap with this sink
And I'm having waterfall taps like these

Interested in other people's opinions :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:04 pm

I do really like the grey one - but again I am uber conservative and think 'what happens in 3 years when grey is totally not cool'? I am currently living with an avacado sink which I'm sure was just as in fashion as grey is now. I guess if you are happy to live with it / change your bathroom again then yes. I also worry with kids how well the on top sinks hold up to family wear and tear (although I have bought one to put on my old dresser I'm going to paint (possibly grey :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: )). I just figure all the other stuff is easier to change than the ceramic wear / units (ie paint, even tiles, furnishings, towels etc). I do like the grey but would probably choose the white for the above reasons (my top sink is a funky square one with flanged out top - I love it!). Just to be clear my bathrooms will probably have white tiles, white ceramics and possibly an odd feature tile area so I may be just too boring to listen too :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:06 pm

Oh and I love the tap @0_Lisa_0 may look out for one like that! Have you tried washing hands / teeth / face under that style - does it work as well as normal ones? (sorry did I mention I'm boring and try to be practical :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: )

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:12 am

clothmama wrote:I do really like the grey one - but again I am uber conservative and think 'what happens in 3 years when grey is totally not cool'?

I like to think that I have never picked anything on the basis that it's "in" so I quite like plain with splashes of colour. How it wears I'm hoping won't be an issue (I have clearly forgotten what it's like to have a toddler in the house :hohoho: ) but I'm thinking a sit on basin like this would be easier to replace than a sink that is mounted within the unit?
clothmama wrote:Oh and I love the tap @0_Lisa_0 may look out for one like that! Have you tried washing hands / teeth / face under that style - does it work as well as normal ones? (sorry did I mention I'm boring and try to be practical :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: )

We had one in a hotel and I loved it, washing is fine, I don't remember about rinsing toothbrushes :-?

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:13 am

This is the sort of practical questions I never ask myself :giggle: thanks

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:50 am

0_Lisa_0 wrote:I like to think that I have never picked anything on the basis that it's "in" so I quite like plain with splashes of colour.

Fair enough! I guess I just worry that anything other than white goes out of fashion (think avacado / burgandy / blue etc :puke: :hohoho: ).

0_Lisa_0 wrote:How it wears I'm hoping won't be an issue (I have clearly forgotten what it's like to have a toddler in the house :hohoho: ) but I'm thinking a sit on basin like this would be easier to replace than a sink that is mounted within the unit?

I think they are quite splashy (we had a couple in a gite we stayed in) so don't mean the sink but the unit underneath if it constantly gets water splashed by kids / toddlers. I guess getting the best quality top you can afford will help with that!

0_Lisa_0 wrote:We had one in a hotel and I loved it, washing is fine, I don't remember about rinsing toothbrushes :-?

If it had been an issue it would have bugged you and (hopefully :hohoho: ) you'd remember that @0_Lisa_0

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:19 pm

I've got the grey one in my tiny bathroom I'll get a pic when I'm home ;)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:39 pm

Any news on the bathroom going in? What happened with your dh's uncle @0_Lisa_0 ?

Next

Return to Home Improvements