hf1

Painting

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Painting

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:53 pm

I started with the side hall way and kitchen wall, we painted them yellow years ago and it was looking grubby so before I cleaned all the blue door paint of the floor decided to paint the walls with some magnolia I found in the loft (didn't take a before pic)
While painting kitchen decided the hallway stairs is really bad (think we decorated 13 years ago) it started of green on the bottom white on top you can just see the colour down the side of the book caseImage
Now the bottom is magnolia, top white wasn't sure but quite like it, it's only temporary as the celling is being replastered next year and will have to decorate/recarpet after that
Just need dh to unscrew the big bookcase from the wall and help me move it so I can do behind it but I think it looks better.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Painting

Postby confusinglady » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:00 pm

Looks lovely and fresh.... want to come and do mine :hohoho:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:39 pm

I love it - looks really fresh and the white and magnolia actually goes really well!

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:39 pm

Thanks, I really wasn't sure when I first did it but really like it now. Dh thinks it looks loads better, still have half a tub of paint left, wonder what else I can paint :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:04 pm

girlinleeds wrote:Thanks, I really wasn't sure when I first did it but really like it now. Dh thinks it looks loads better, still have half a tub of paint left, wonder what else I can paint :hohoho: :hohoho:

I have a thing about white paint :giggle: love it when everything is bright and fresh!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:34 am

autumnalgirl wrote:I have a thing about white paint :giggle: love it when everything is bright and fresh!

I'm the same! I can't wait to decolour the walls that have been painted already here @autumnalgirl

girlinleeds wrote:Thanks, I really wasn't sure when I first did it but really like it now. Dh thinks it looks loads better, still have half a tub of paint left, wonder what else I can paint :hohoho: :hohoho:

:giggle: :giggle: Anything else looking tatty / needs it? @girlinleeds

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:04 am

I forgot to take before pics of the hallway but seen as there's ones on this thread thought I'd just update. Doesn't look like much done but all the old wallpaper has been stripped, including the ceiling. Couldn't plaster so just re lining papered everything. Including the ceiling as it was bare plasterboard, looks so much better then the embossed paper that was up their. Have all the wood work left to paint, dh is putting some new spindles at the top of the stairs and changing the light switches. Then we can get new carpet fitted I want a mid grey

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:18 pm

Image[/url]
This is the only thing I can find close as I didn't take a pic before husband smashed it out, at the top of the stairs where you'd normally have spindles there was a sheet of the ugliest cut out wood instead, awful to paint clean and I hated it so now we have this, just needs glossing now and the painting is done

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:01 pm

Looks great!

Next

Return to Home Improvements