hf1

Secretaire desk painting! Finished page 2.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Secretaire desk painting!

Postby clothmama » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:44 pm

Just cut and glued some Amy Butler Midwestern Modern fabric onto the back and I LOVE it! Just about to get all the drawers etc in and cut the little hole out for the laptop cable (J drilled me a hole in the back as funnily they didn't have laptops when this was made :giggle: :yahoo:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:58 pm

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Just did the last bits I'm thrilled with it :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'm so glad I pondered a while about what I could do and the AB fabric just ties in the (not that nice) green of the desk leather stuff. Can't beleive how pleased I am!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:59 pm

I'll take a nicer pic without all the understairs mess when I get the sewing room (my office :lookround: :giggle: ) vacummed and it moved down!

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:31 pm

That looks fab! Definitely worth the work :love:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:52 pm

0_Lisa_0 wrote:That looks fab! Definitely worth the work :love:

Thanks - I'm super thrilled with it - even if I didnt' get brave enough to do any fancy paint stuff I think it is lovely! Turned out better than I hoped! I think the fabric just makes it :love: :love:

All installed in my new office (guests will have to sleep in a tent I'm not moving :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: ):

Just need to clear all my stuff down there now - will be so amazing not to have all my crap all over the dining room table - I'm just too messy!!!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Secretaire desk painting! Finished page 2.

Postby autumnalgirl » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Looks amazing!!! :yahoo:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:24 am

:panic: my concerns about if I'd prepped the shiny surface well enough were maybe founded. Was gutted last night when I packed it up to notice a tiny spot of paint missing on each side of the front where the fold down bit had been sat on the pull out rails :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: J thinks it is just because it is touch dry but not fully dry (this can apparently take a few weeks and I had read not to sit anything on painted furniture until that happens! Going to touch it up and then not use it, or if I do put a soft cloth under the 2 rails like I've been doing to close it etc.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:26 am

I also have the option of putting a sealer on it - we shall see. Wish I'd been able to find the chalk paint as I was going to use that as a primer as it sticks to anything but couldn't find it so decided not to worry - hope that decision doesn't come back to haunt me!

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:29 am

That is pretty :love:

Previous

Return to Home Improvements