hf1

Our living room

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Our living room

Postby JabberJabber » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:45 am

This room is still a work in progress, but apart from the kitchen, is the closest to being finished.

We had to take the walls back to the bricks and have it all re-plastered. We had additional plug sockets put in and the corners of the chimney breast were rounded, to match the ones in the other room.

We chose a new sofa, as we'd promised ourselves a new one when the boys were old enough not to wipe thier hands on it. The cushion covers will eventually be changed to match the colour scheme.

We tidied up the wall with the chimney breast on it and put shelves in the alcoves. We still need a small cupboard for the right hand alcove, but I am looking for that at the moment.

I tried to look on the website where we got the curtains from for this picture, but no luck, so here is a bad picture of the colour.

We need to choose a carpet now to work with this room - any ideas?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Our living room

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:59 pm

Very nice Kate!

I'm guessing you probably don't want to go with pink carpet :lookround: to match the curtains so it needs to just be neutral - either Cream (although how practical is that with boys?) or pale grey could work? The other thing that would look really nice is oak boards with a lovely rug in front of the sofa but that obviously isn't carpet :hohoho: :hohoho: but I always think you can have more fun with rugs than carpet!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:48 pm

I'm thinking wooden floor (warmer than laminate) and a really thick rug. It's much more practical, and easier to change

But a light grey carpet would also go well if you decided you wanted carpet

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed May 20, 2020 10:02 am

How is this looking @JabberJabber ? :yahoo:

Return to Home Improvements