hf1

Upcycling bedroom furniture

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Upcycling bedroom furniture

Postby emmavmorgan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:48 am

It depends on what look you are going for?
You can just paint them with a magnolia gloss paint ( I would use eggshell finish) or you could use chalk paint.
For both types of paint lightly sand the surface of the draws/wardrobe, then wipe it down with a damp cloth to get rid of the dust. Then paint with your chosen paint (it may take 2 or 3 coats to get the desired finish). If you are using chalk paint you will then need to seal it so you can either use a ready bought chalk paint sealer that you paint on or you can wax it with furniture wax or bees wax.
Chalk paint is water based so clean your brushes and rollers with soap and cool water.
Gloss is oil based so clean brushes and rollers with white spirt (if you are using foam rollers just throw them away as the withe spirit melts them :giggle: )
To save brushes and rollers that you want to leave and use again later:
water based products put the brushes in a pot of water and rollers wrap tightly in a plastic bag.
Oil based just warp tightly in a plastic bag for both rollers and brushes.
For rollers that you have been using for water based emulsion paint put them in the washing machine with a full dose of powder and either your dust sheet or an old towel and wash on a short cool wash (not over 30 degrees) and they come out like new :widesmile:
Oh I never use undercoat for anything :wink:

Return to Home Improvements