hf1

Kitchen renovation

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Kitchen renovation

Postby girlinleeds » Mon May 18, 2020 11:58 am

We really need a new kitchen, but it's going to be a huge job as the house will need rewiring and a new boiler, a floor raising and possibly a wall knocking down.
We can't afford that but the cupboards are just looking old and dated, they needed replacing when we moved in 14 years ago. However being at home bored and not able to go anywhere I've decided to repaint them.
Ordered a pale grey paint for cupboards, doesn't need undercoating, just clean with sugar soap, light sand and away you go.
Image the kitchen this morning, have cleaned the kitchen, taken four cupboards down and prepared them
First coat on, looks more white but hoping the 2nd coat will go darker abit. Reviews say not to worry if 1st coat doesn't look good as the 2nd will look really good. planning on doing 2nd coat after tea and then starting another 4 doors tomorrow.

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Kitchen renovation

Postby autumnalgirl » Mon May 18, 2020 3:00 pm

We repainted the cupboards in one house until we could re-do it. Look forward to seeing the next pictures!

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Mon May 18, 2020 7:31 pm

And it does look more like the colour I want, but one of the stupid cats has stuck fluff to the wet door aaaaaggggghhhh

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Tue May 19, 2020 6:30 am

@girlinleeds if I told you one of my cats was sick on a large mosaic commission I was doing and I had to pick bits out of the ungrouted artwork but some of it was too stuck so I just grouted over the top of it would it make you feel better :hohoho:

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Tue May 19, 2020 8:42 am

@emmavmorgan :hohoho: :hohoho:
Three of the cupboards done, yes there on the sofa, can't manage to put them back on without help and he's at work so put them on the sofa so I can paint more in the kitchen

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Tue May 19, 2020 3:48 pm

Couple of doors back on, I'll put the handles back on when I've cleaned them :doh:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Tue May 19, 2020 7:15 pm

Already looks so much brighter!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue May 19, 2020 7:57 pm

girlinleeds wrote:Couple of doors back on, I'll put the handles back on when I've cleaned them :doh:

I was actually going to ask that if you are going to change the handles as I've seen lots of kitchen painting where they ended up changing the handles and that was what really made the new kitchen pop!

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Tue May 19, 2020 8:09 pm

@clothmama we debated changing the handles but there a simple brushed silver so I think they'll look ok
@autumnalgirl I really love it, dh has helped me prep tomorrows cupboards so I can just get up and paint, will make it so much easier

Next

Return to Home Improvements