hf1

Living Room Help

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Living Room Help

Postby Woozle35 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:14 am

The time has come that I really need to decorate the living room. Our sofa is red fabric and wood so I was thinking maybe I could dye it if needed. The walls are currently the colour of 'dried plaster', the ceiling is lemon and the fire wall is red.

We only went with these colours as they were the same as dh's old bedroom, we are both useless at picking colours!

I find the walls look cold and the room does not have a warm feeling about it. I hate the red, its so dark. The room is quite dark anyway. I want something warm and light.

Ideally I would like to leave the ceiling only because I hate painting ceilings. But if I ahd to I would paint it.

The rest of the room is pretty neutral, lots of wood, beige and brown. I figured I may be able to dye the sofa brown.

Please can you help me? :D

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Re: Living Room Help

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:31 am

Sounds boring but why not paint it cream and put some brightly coloured paintings up?

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:35 am

0_Lisa_0 wrote:Sounds boring but why not paint it cream and put some brightly coloured paintings up?

I have thought of that, but only because I could not come up with anything else ifyswim :giggle: I would like some colour, I was thinking blue, teal or wallpaper???

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:40 am

See I'm a fan of the "feature wall" so most of our rooms are neutral with a colour on one wall of fire place like yours.
It's easier to change then if you don't like something.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:57 am

0_Lisa_0 wrote:See I'm a fan of the "feature wall" so most of our rooms are neutral with a colour on one wall of fire place like yours.
It's easier to change then if you don't like something.

I am happy with a feature wall but cannot get past red..help me....... :giggle:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:59 am

I can't Viki, I like red :giggle:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:03 am

Have you looked at the dulux website? If you see a colour you like it will show you colours that go with it. I love teal, duck egg and the like. You will need tester pots of course. Also if you see a paint colour you like, it may give you inspiration for wallpaper colour too.

Show us which one's you like :D

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:09 pm

See that's my problem I like most colours but have no idea which go, and which will make the room look light :-?

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:12 pm

You didn't answer me on the other thread..... Was it my living room you saw on the show us your living room thread? My living room is teal, brown and cream with dramatic art nouveau style wallpaper on one wall. I can get more photos if you want. :D

Next

Return to Home Improvements