hf1

Help decorating dad's house

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Help decorating dad's house

Postby monsterm » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:17 pm

So dad is having some major renovations done at the moment & it has gotten to the point where paint colours etc need to be choosen & I'm completely stuck.

It is a double fronted 3 bedroom end of terrace. As you walk in the front door there is a tiny square hallway & the stairs is right in front of you. To your left, it is open into the dining room/study. To your right is a door into the living room. Go through the living room & there is double doors into a gorgeous light filled kitchen cum family room with an island with bar stools, couch & flat screen tv. It has a bi-fold door into the garden & is open into the dining/room study mentioned above. The kitchen is high gloss cream with a walnut counter top.

It is 2 men living in the house, my dad & brother. I am really struggling with what colours to put on the walls. I hoping to add a bit of interest on the walls but dad isn't too gone on wall paper. Any ideas?

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Help decorating dad's house

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:51 am

What about a pale green with some feature walls? I've no idea what you would do with the feature walls though haha.
We've gone for a pale green with a pale fudge colour and it's made the green warmer than it would have been.

Return to Home Improvements