hf1

Bathroom ideas, opinions please? New mood board added pg 2

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Bathroom ideas, opinions please? New mood board added pg 2

Postby Allie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:50 pm

I'm in the process of decorating the whole house and here are my ideas for the bathroom. It's a very large room with lots of light so can take a dark colour, pics below.

Mood board

Current bathroom colour scheme

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Bathroom ideas, opinions please?

Postby beck » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:56 pm

I think that colour will look really good in your bathroom. Love your shower!

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Ooh, that's lovely, the jazzberry is a gorgeous colour. You're so lucky to have such a big room.

Do you know what flooring you want?

I take it you're keeping the shower, are you keeping everything else? Did you want to do double sinks or keep it quite simple? Do you need storage options?

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:16 pm

I love that colour, definately go for it. It'll look really good in your bathroom.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:18 pm

The colour is lovely tho personally i think the blind and the wall in the same colour is too much. I would be tempted to pick a light colour like an antique cream for that wall and use the jazzberry paint as a feature wall and accent colour. Would keep the room really bright but give it some good colour.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:30 pm

Love the colour but I agree with Rox I think the blind would be too much. How about a roman blind in a strip fabric.
Also I think a grey would look better with the purple rather than hot pink.
So jealous of your space our is literally the old coal shed. Think tiny and then half it :roll:

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:34 pm

Yep, you could do a roman blind in a bold fabric to match your feature colour(s) Thats what we did in our bathroom.

In fact, we have similar taste as i have vintage green and purple in my bathroom :wink: (on a neutral base)

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:37 pm

My friend has a similar purple with duck egg blue sounds wrong but it really works.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks all :D

fluffy_mummy wrote:Ooh, that's lovely, the jazzberry is a gorgeous colour. You're so lucky to have such a big room.

Do you know what flooring you want?

I take it you're keeping the shower, are you keeping everything else? Did you want to do double sinks or keep it quite simple? Do you need storage options?

I'm keeping the same flooring as it's only been down a few months. I'm not planning on changing the bathroom suite at all at the moment. I don't need storage options as I have 2 chests of drawers already.

Rox wrote:The colour is lovely tho personally i think the blind and the wall in the same colour is too much. I would be tempted to pick a light colour like an antique cream for that wall and use the jazzberry paint as a feature wall and accent colour. Would keep the room really bright but give it some good colour.

I was planning to use a paler lilac on the wall where the window similar to the colour in the bathroom pictured on the mood board, I just haven't found the right shade yet.

I have found a roman blind that I like too, updated mood board:

KimmyM wrote:Also I think a grey would look better with the purple rather than hot pink.

Grey isn't really a colour that I like, although there is a bit of grey on the roman blind :-?

Next

Return to Home Improvements