hf1

Any one used B & Q laminate flooring?

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Any one used B & Q laminate flooring?

Postby CherryPie » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:16 pm

We're planning on using the Aqualoc laminate from B&Q with some laminate underlay and just thought I see of anyone has any experience? Was it ok the fit? How long did it take to fit one room? We're doing the whole of downstairs hopefully!

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Any one used B & Q laminate flooring?

Postby Rox » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:19 pm

We did our bathroom at the old house in Aqualoc and it was brill. Easy to fit, wore well.

Would use again :)

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:32 pm

We've used b&q aqua lock in our kitchen, utility room, downstairs toilet and dining room. We have been really pleased with it. It's easy to fit and wears well. I would definitely recommend it. Using an electric circular/mitre saw will really speed up the installation process.

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Great! Going to pick it up tomorrow :wine:

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Thu May 17, 2012 11:45 am

@Rox @queen bee - we have nearly finished the living room and will bs starting on the bathrooms & toilets soon. How did u manage to cut around the pipes, around/behind the loo etc? Was it difficult? Am feeling a bit nervous about it now :hiding: Tia x

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Thu May 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Hubby did it with a jigsaw x

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Thu May 17, 2012 1:53 pm

We used this in our bathroom (the tile effect one) it looks great but the bathroom was tricky. We took templates when we fitted the bathroom which helped BUT obviously the laminate isn't flexible so we had to do some odd cuts to get the boards in then use the joining stuff they sell to patch up. It still looks good but it was a bit of a PITA. Ours has been down around 9 years now I think and it has worn well. The bit nearest the bath is slightly blown now but thats after 6 years of kids splashing so its not done bad!

Good luck, we did the whole of our downstairs in wood effect locking laminate and its been down 7 years now and still looks good.

Return to Home Improvements