hf1

how often should you do nappy free time and how?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: how often should you do nappy free time and how?

Postby littlesez » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:32 pm

If you just read this bit as I did it sounds really funny!

Soupdragon wrote: I'll let her run around naked for 15 minutes while I get dressed. And then I do the same of an evening :giggle:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

Anyway what was the question again :giggle: I am a total nappy off time nutter! I let Isobella have it at least twice a day, if were at home or outside on the grass she loves to be naked. I do in the morning to let her little bum breathe after a nighttime of nappy. And usually as part of play time in the day. It is obviously easier for a girl though, only downside is we go through loads and loads of terry towels(another use of these!) Could you put him on his front so nothing sprays?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:55 pm

I've just found a way of nearly nappy off time - if you have any prefolds, believe me I found a new little not love but nearly and a great use, I did the twist fold (just twist the nappy in half and fasten on with a nippa) do it up fairly low and loose but on and it catches the drips but also lets air in as you can see nearly everything. Means the air was doing it's job and I wasn't mopping.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Our nappy free time tends to be in the evening before bath time and then after bath time when I am drying her hair (she loves to have her hair blow dried :giggle: ) and she also has free time sometimes during the day between changes, as for wee, most of the downstairs is wooden so that's ok but if she wee's on the carpet it just gets cleaned up!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Well it's got harder since she can move so I've been experimenting, letting her go off naked doesn't work for us, it's like she knows, twice this weeks she's been eating poo :puke: so if at home I let her wear a loose fitted, with no wraps 90% of the time lately, and as for proper nappy free time, well it kinda coincides with meals, I stick a big weed on her high chair seat strip her off and let her have her meals naked, I do it every dinner time (good for not getting clothes messy too) she will sit for a while after eating just playing her high chair still nappy free then will have a bath, and she can't roll so I do give her a little nappy free time between each change, about 10 mins as that's all she will tolerate!

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash