hf1

Rash nightmare - update p2, help please!

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Rash nightmare

Postby laceybat » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:15 pm

when we go back to cloth after a few day we have bleeding and screaming and lots of crying. at those time i some times want to give up. so i know how you feel

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:55 pm

ladybird wrote:We had to ditch anything synthetic with Tallin. By the time he finished with nappies he was solely in bv inners, bamboo outers and wool covers.

Its the same here, even minky makes him sore.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:39 pm

I don't know hun, ask Ems as I'm sure she sells them and could tell you a whole lot more than me :hug: :hug:

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:08 am

Well yesterday and last night we didn't use any liners at all, he was quite red through the sy which I expected as e adjusted but he had his wool inner lls super wetter on last night and his bum is near perfect this morning despite having it on nearly 15 hours! I'm amazed! So natural fibres are definately the way to go i think :-)

If only I could afford all wool inner nappies!

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Rash nightmare - update p2, help please!

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:15 am

We have been using Sandys nappies without liners since my original post and the rash had cleared up a treat, he had even had a day or two in his wee notion pockets under normal trousers (hadn't been brave enough to try the easyfits). He had been wearing wool covers the rest of the time.

Anyways, yesterday when I changed him out of a holdens landing nappy I noticed he was all red and sore where it seemed to be rubbing on his thigh, the start of the rash again. It was almost like a burn and is how the rash started before. I changed him and thought no more about it. Dh changed him for bed (superwetter lls all wool night nappy) and didn't mention anything when he came downstairs.

Sandy woke up screaming and inconsolable just before midnight (he normally always sleeps through), he was really really upset and I couldn't work out why. Changed his bum just to check that wasn't rmthe issue and his bum is red raw again :( he struggled like mad as I changed him and was screaming as I carefully wiped him. He went back to bed in a doodie with metanium cream. He was wearing his flongies yesterday rather than wool (and more flongies at night but with a wool soaker between thdm and the nappy), could it be the fleece reacting even though it's not next to his skin? It did seem to stem from what looked to ne a nappy rubbing but the HL wax a toddler one and wasn't too tight or anything.

He is so upset and sore and I feel so cruel to be inflicting this on him. I know if I use doodies for a day or so it will clear up and I don't want to inflict pain on my baba. I was so close last night to throwing the towel in with Sandys nappies, I really had thought that this was sorted.

Help, what to do next?

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:43 am

Is there any microfibre in the hl ? Or zorb etc and what washing powder are you using ? :hug:

Hope you fund something that eases it soon tho :hug:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:49 am

I would think it's the fleece and any synthetic inners in the nappies. We had to go *completely* natural, no microfibre, zorb, etc. It had to be bamboo and cotton all the way (although I didn't really bother with cotton) and then wool over the top. Much more breathable after all.

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:57 am

WE have to use all natural fibres...although our stash had in it some BG's & some WN's we could use them sparingly for half a day but then we paid the price such to speak.....

We always line our nappies with a paper liner irrelevant of rash or not....our nighttime nappies are wool lined with a paper liner..and we only use Northern Essence Bum cream

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:07 am

There isn't any microfibre Or anything in the holdens landibg at all, velour inners. Like I said he was in wee notion side snaps for 2 days (minky ones) with no problems at all so it seems strange it's come up again now. Would one day wearing fleece flongies really do it? He has occasionally had flongies on overnight since the rash cleared up I think (maybe 2-3 times) he us generally in wool.

Not changed powder, still using bold 2 in 1. I'm just trying to think back to when it started, we Gita new washing machine in December. I use the longest cycle with prewashed but it doesn't hve an extra rinse so maybe that's an issue?

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash