hf1

New To Cloth, Nappy Rash!

My avatar
Grrushka
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: New To Cloth, Nappy Rash!

Postby Grrushka » Tue May 08, 2012 6:10 am

~My boy also never really had a rash with disposables and now has it occasionally. Mainly if he is teething and if I sometimes leave poo for too long.

Try to change a wrap every nappy change to let it dry. I noticed my ds would be a little red on the thigh s IF i DIDN'T.

Nappy free is good although not for us as ds is walking all over the house and has peed on nearly everything now!!

Try changing more often and definitely experiment with night combo. Wool is great and you can get it cheaply off classified. I haven't tried fleece so can't comment. In my mind it can make things too hot:/ :roll: As mentioned before try adding a bamboo booster in front of the hemp one.

We don't really use nappy creams but If I do I try to leave it for a few minutes, let it absorb and then put the nappy on, so it doesn't stick to the nappy.

I hope it helps! Good luck :D

sorry for bad typying, ds is sitting on my lap :doh:

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Tue May 08, 2012 7:07 am

when mine get a bit rashey which is normally due to his teeth i soak my fleece liners in cammomile tea let them dry then line the nappies with them :) it helps sooth it a little and i also use cammomile tea in my reusable wipes

also for a sore bum i use cjs butter its cloth friendly smells gorgeous and really helps :)

hope it clears soon :hug:

My avatar
babyraccoon
Clothie
Clothie

Postby babyraccoon » Wed May 16, 2012 7:42 pm

Am gaining some headway on the rash situation - after it cleared I started using cloth again yesterday. Firstly, I stripped my whole stash so I could be certain there was no residue on anything. Yesterday, he started getting more and more rashy as the day went on, again using the Flip Organic pre-folds in the PUL covers. I left out the fleece liners and just used a disposable liner, and changed him about every 2 hours.

At night I put him in a Bamboozle Stretchie with a disposable liner with a fleece wrap. In the morning - no rash!

SO, today I thought maybe it could be the brand of disposable liners, so I switched to a different brand. Still a bit rashy by the end of the day, so tomorrow I plan on using the Bamboozle Stretchies with the PUL covers to try to figure out if it's the Flip pre-folds or the PUL covers that are bothering his bum. I'm sorta hoping it's the pre-folds, as I think it will be difficult to find day-time fleece covers that will fit under clothes!

It really is trial and error, isn't it?

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash