Bit of advice needed

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Bit of advice needed

Postby clothmama » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:53 pm

@PixieFix Dont' mind me I haven't turned my laptop on in about 3 days :doh: and just found this open and half written :giggle: :giggle: :bf:

PixieFix wrote:How many would I need to go full time with them?

Probably 20-30? I had quite small ones last time and used to need to use at least 2 per change but this time I have bought a big pack of cheap facecloths which are bigger and I'm only using one per change (I'm sure that will change as he / his poos get bigger!).

PixieFix wrote:And how do you use them when out and about?

As pp said, predampen and put them in a ziplock or small PUL bag :widesmile: The other option which I'm going to explore this time is a little spray bottle that you can just spray on.

PixieFix wrote:Maybe will give that recipe a try though, sounds like it could help what with the lavender and all

Really worth a go, have had nothing but good feedback from those that have tried it even with quite bad nappy rash. The cammomile / lavender combo is such a winner in terms of being soothing and healing. I like the idea of using coconut oil, we are huge fans and are using it for more and more things as it has such beneficial properties! How does it go in terms of not going back to being hard if it is cool @Chunkychels?

I have just cut out some lovely big NB / small fleece liners that totally cover nappies, I'm going to get the pattern up asap!

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:13 pm

Have been using the weleda calendula nappy change cream and that has worked a treat :thumbsup: her bum looks great. also been giving it a bit of air at every nappy change although that can be a risky business, she can project her pee quite far now :giggle:

had the 6 week check today and all is well :D only thing is the doc said she might have a little bit of eczema on her chest and to use some moisturiser. do you think it would be alright to use the weleda nappy cream on it? her skin seems to like it.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:37 am

Glad to hear it! Rémy got a bit red so started making my wipe mix and using the same Weleda stuff as you it soon cleared up. Not needing the cream much now as long as I keep up with the wipe mix :)

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash