hf1

Thigh rash

My avatar
NatB
Clothie
Clothie

Thigh rash

Postby NatB » Mon May 25, 2015 10:14 pm

My baby is 8 myths. I was using Disana on tie nappies with a Disana brushed cotton insert and Disana paper flushable liner with a merino wool cover or wool longies. I use a disposable at night as baby is a heavy wetter. She had eczema recently but skin much better now except for the upper thighs area. It gets better with disposables. I tried stripping my nappies but still didn't work. She's back to disposables for now until rash goes away. I apply a moisturiser all over plus Morhulin in the thigh areas when in disposables and Weleda nappy cream if using cloth. What am I doing wrong?

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Thigh rash

Postby Dancing mum » Mon May 25, 2015 10:23 pm

Has she been checked for lanolin sensitivity? Despite lanolin being in some eczema creams it's apparently fairly common for this to flair up eczema in some kids, so perhaps it's the lanolin in the wool? I might be way off but could be worth looking in to?

My avatar
NatB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby NatB » Tue May 26, 2015 10:46 am

Thanks. I think she's ok with lanolin because I applied to her I the past and no reaction. The rash also appear if I put her on Disana microfibre pants.

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Wed May 27, 2015 7:39 am

Well at least that's ruled out then :thumbsup: ... No other ideas of what to try, sorry :huh:

My avatar
NatB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby NatB » Thu May 28, 2015 7:21 am

Thanks anyway. Rash better now on disposables. I would still like to go back to cloth if possible. So any suggestions are welcomed. Maybe it's chaffing now that she's trying to crawl. Not are how to prevent it as she needs a booster inside the tie on nappies making it all a bit bulky.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Thu May 28, 2015 7:24 am

Have you considered using any other nappies?

My avatar
NatB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby NatB » Thu May 28, 2015 1:13 pm

I have given it a thought but don't know which ones to get. I was into organic stuff at the time and it did work for a while so bought some more. It seems a waste to buy different nappies now. Which ones you think may not cause bad chaffing? I now of an organic product called popolini. Anyone used these before?

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Thu May 28, 2015 1:59 pm

I haven't used Popolini before but do have some Grovia nappies which I'm pretty sure are organic. I have the Grovia hybrid so you buy the shells and then snap-in inserts separately. I get 2-3 uses of shells before washing so just replace the insert. These means you don't need as many shells as inserts. I really like these nappies and use the hemp 'stay dry' inserts. I haven't had any problems with them.

My avatar
NatB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby NatB » Sun May 31, 2015 12:02 pm

Doesn't cause chaffing on thighs?

Next

Return to Nappy Rash