hf1

New thigh rash question

My avatar
Bumboleo
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

New thigh rash question

Postby Bumboleo » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:35 pm

Just saw the thread below this is similar, but old and about wool, so I thought I'd just quickly post this?

Lately my baby has been getting rashes on his inner thighs. It's as if the part between the legs is rubbing against his legs as he moves. Not really sure how to help with this, as the nappy is where it is, against the thigh - can't really do anything about that??

Just makes me feel a bit bad! 'Chub rub' is no fun. Doesn't seem to be bothering him but it bothers me. He was in disposables at the weekend as we were away and it's cleared up nicely - back now he's in cloth though!

Any ideas?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: New thigh rash question

Postby clothmama » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:39 am

Sometimes just making small adjustments to the fit cna help with this, like making sure that it is up nice and high rather than sitting lower on the leg. The odd time I've had this happen I've made sure that any 'rough' material like cotton etc is covered by fleece so that that is all that is touching and usually this sorts it out. Also nappy free time is good while it clears.

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:26 am

Could it be connected to the no clean nappies?

Also a switch back ans forth between cloth a disposibles might cause some redness/irritation since the disposibles suck moisture our of the babys skin and the cloth does not. So it could be a skin is more wet thing which usually is seen where there is creases in the skin

My avatar
Bumboleo
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bumboleo » Sat May 07, 2016 6:55 am

Hello again!

Sorry I didn't see your reply, Aeseldyr.

Here are his legs this morning, after being in a bamboozle all night and cloth since my last post. He's in a disposable just now because they are so much slimmer and don't rub. Just wanted to give the sore patches a rest.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat May 07, 2016 7:16 am

Awwww poor darling, that looks nasty. Have you tried totally covering the nappy with a big fleece liner so it is hanging over and protecting his little legs? could you jut use a dispo at night maybe until it heals? At least that is only one a day :hug: Did anything work?

Return to Nappy Rash