Nappy free night - am I mad?

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Nappy free night - am I mad?

Postby becky1978 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:35 pm

Archie has a terrible terrible nappy rash that is in big blisters now :cry:

I hate the thought of putting him to bed in a nappy, in which he will of course wee, and the weeing will just make it worse, so am seriously thinking of putting him to bed with no noppy, just laid on some prefolds and a towel etc.

What do you all think???

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Nappy free night - am I mad?

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:42 pm

hmmmm what if he moves hun? or poops? could be a fun clean up in the morning, u tried egg white at all? i hear that is good, at least i think it's egg white....

My avatar
mrsm4
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mrsm4 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:49 pm

my friends daughter has just had really bad nappy rash and sent her to bed for 2 nights smothered in cream with no nappy, she used towels and bed mats and if she wee'd just removed a layer luckily she didn't poo lol
Does your ds usually poo in night/early morn? if not id do it

Ive heard about the egg white thing but have heard mixed reviews about it working and having allergic reactions i don't think its recommend now but im no expert

hope it clears up for him soon xx

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:49 pm

Well tbh I'd rather him wake up covered in poop for me to clean than the awful awful sores he has now, there's even one on the end of his dinkle :cry: :cry:

I cant believe how bad it is, he must be in so much pain, I feel so guilty.

I've put him up in his cot which is lined with a double layer of prefolds all the way along, terrys on top, and he is coevered loosely in 2 fleecy blankets.

I really dont know what to do tomorrow, i cant bear to see him like it. :(

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:51 pm

He only tends to poop just after or before breakfast, so should be ok, he hasnt pooped in the night for at least 6 months I think, maybe more?

I've put 2 layers in, and have plenty more darned prefolds that could really do with earning their keep, so I'll just check him every 2 hours. He's sleeping soundly now.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:54 pm

my only other thought was maybe putting a fleece liner or something in his nappy so he has a stay dry layer on him. am thinking of doing this with taliesin as he has a sore winky tonight, but i took his nappy off and he pee'd everywhere,

then grinned! :giggle:

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:57 pm

I do that anyhow hun, I think it's just the general warmth, wet, and pressure of a nappy that would make it worse xx

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:01 pm

Aww bless him :(
Ifit's really bad, maybe see about getting a Drs app. It might have gotten a little infected or something which is why it's so bad looking.
Hope he manages ok without the nappy. Maybe just leave him nappy free until you go to bed and then pop one on him if you can without waking him? and then lots of nappy free time tomorrow. Nothing like fresh air, my Nana says lol

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:03 pm

tbh i dont think its a mad idea at all...would just be worried about him getting cold :-?
I would also want to make sure that i got up a few times throughout the night and stipped a layer of so that LO wasnt laid in wee...

Next

Return to Nappy Rash