hf1

:( Amber has awful teething rash

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

:( Amber has awful teething rash

Postby happytails » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:18 pm

Over weekend this has crept up on us, her top 2 teeth are coming so im pretty sure its that :( She has little sores on her bum in a line downwards and up to her bits and on one side of her leg (think where your knicker line is) is particularly sore.

We have had metanium on it, NE diaper rash salve, johnsons nappy cream and bepanthen, non of which have particularly made it any better. :-? its difficult to have much nappy off time at the mo as we have no where she can crawl (either bare, dusty floorboards or new carpet at the moment :-? The bathroom is getting done so its not always easy bathing her at the moment. WE are using disp wipes for poos (which are quite frequent atm) and home made wipes solution for wees (incl lavender oil). IT seems to bother her when i wipe so im trying not to wipe when its just a wee. Her poo's are staining alot of her nappies :cry: so they must be burning her :( i just dont know what else to do.

I have been putting fleece/minkee liners in everything too :( my poor girlie :cry:

What should i do?

Sarah xx

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: :( Amber has awful teething rash

Postby clairelou88 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:09 pm

aww poor amber were having the same problem with alister teething, his number 2's are also staining my new bg org bad :cry: no idea how im going to get themout! weve been using suda cream at night as a barrier and its worked well on his bum and i use bepanthen in the morning/afternoon it seems to have gone, but it flares up every few days.
ive also tried fleece liners dont help much do they?! the poo seeps through!
sorry for not being very helpful!
hope those toothy pegs come in soon!

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:17 am

clairelou88 wrote:aww poor amber were having the same problem with alister teething, his number 2's are also staining my new bg org bad :cry: no idea how im going to get themout! weve been using suda cream at night as a barrier and its worked well on his bum and i use bepanthen in the morning/afternoon it seems to have gone, but it flares up every few days.
ive also tried fleece liners dont help much do they?! the poo seeps through!
sorry for not being very helpful!
hope those toothy pegs come in soon!

Aww poor Alister :hug:

We have managed to bathe Amber twice in a camomile tea bath with a drop of tea tree oil and a few drops of olive oil yesterday. Definitely helped. Have had her in fitteds with no cover on as much as poss and changing every 1-2 hours (we are going through so many nappies, we only have 30 lol) and last night we used Metanium and fleece liners in her NN and this morning it is ALOT better. Going to give her another bath when she wakes from her nap xxx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:26 am

bicarbonate of soda in the water is very soothing too...
Definately don't wipe for just wees and you may want to consider not using disposable wipes for poos as they can be quite harsh - even the huggies pure ones which we use now (the only shop bought wipes that don't cause rashes for my girls and me) are quite drying on my hands and I don't use them for anything except poos on Grace...

But I prefer cloth wipes and the northern essence foaming sensitive wipe stuff, very gentle and gets a very mucky bottom nice and clean :giggle:

Make sure you're washing at 60 while she's sore too and I would stick to using fleece liners rather than minkee as they'll keep the bum drier...

You might also want to skip the lavender oil as it is can aggravate broken or sensitive skin... But it's a powerful weapon in the rash battle so see how you go...

Try using cotton wool and liberally wash off the poo (pop her bum on a towel) instead of wiping if that makes sense...

Pop some vaseline on her bum after poos but don't put anything on after wees or wipe either - just very very gently dry if needed and try and leave her for a few mins kicking on the mat (unless she's going to roll off of course! ;)
At bedtime clean thoroughly and put a thin layer of sudocreme on and use a fleece liner that you've soaked in cold cammomile tea (still damp is good for healing)...

You can leave her in just a loose fitted with no wrap as an alternative to nappyfree time...

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:05 pm

Thanks steph! What sort of amount of bi carb would you use in a shallow normal sized bath?

Just bathed her again in the solution i mentioned earlier. Going to cut up some more fleece and soak them in camomile tea (thanks steph!).

WE use pampers sensitive for Poos as i found the huggies pure quite dry :-? and they are the only ones (bar huggies pure) that dont get DD sore. I am thinking of just washing a few disp wipes and leaving them damp so i can still use for poos and throw away (not a fan of using reusable wipes on poo now weaning has started lol)

Amber is loving all the bath time she has had playing with her duckies :D so its win win here at the moment!

Sarah x

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:44 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:At bedtime clean thoroughly and put a thin layer of sudocreme on and use a fleece liner that you've soaked in cold cammomile tea (still damp is good for healing)...

You can leave her in just a loose fitted with no wrap as an alternative to nappyfree time...

Steph your like some nappyrash GURU! I'm going to try the cammomile soaked liner on Riles - shes got some bad nappy rash due to teething too. The best thing is I pass all these tips onto my bubs club mums and they think I'M the guru :wine:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:16 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:Steph your like some nappyrash GURU! I'm going to try the cammomile soaked liner on Riles - shes got some bad nappy rash due to teething too. The best thing is I pass all these tips onto my bubs club mums and they think I'M the guru :wine:

pmsl naughty stealing my crown :giggle:
I's only because we really went through the mill with poor Isabelle's skin :roll:

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:23 pm

Archie's rash that has been terrible for aaaages (got infected, 2 lots of antibiotics etc etc) cleared up when I started to use 2 fleece liners at night horizontally in his nappy so they hung out the sides of the legs and touched the sore bits , rather than the nappy touching there iykwim.

His rash has completely gone now (first time for as long as I can remember) and it's the only thing I'm doing differently

Return to Nappy Rash