hf1

Help needed again please!

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Help needed again please!

Postby juboo752 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:06 pm

I'm convinced Lottie has thrush but it just wont go away and tbh its driving me and her mad, she's so sore and itchy that she cant sleep for long, she doesn't want us to clean her at all as its so painful, she goes ridged when you pick her up because it's so sore. I'm giving her plenty of nappy free and using Canesten (sp?) but nothings working if anything its getting worse, she's had it for at least a couple of weeks. I just want her to sleep at night again and for her not to be sore all the time :cry:

Oh and i'm washing all her nappies, wipes towels ect at 60 too, so what am i doing wrong, she keeps getting it, but i have to say this is the worsted she's had it and it usually clears up quickly :(

Anyone else have or had this problem?

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Help needed again please!

Postby nabroc » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:09 pm

I've never experienced this but :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to you and LO, hope she feels better soon.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:10 pm

Soothe her with natural live yoghurt. Get some acidophilus in her if you can. I'm guessing you've stripped the nappies too?
Cut back on sugars, fruit juices, etc. and yeast based foods too, they'll feed the thrush.
Last edited by ladybird on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:11 pm

Oh it sounds painful for her :( Have you taken her to see the gp - I know they can prescribe another cream for thrush that might clear it up? Hmmm, do you use fleece liners - they can get easily clogged up with creams so might be an idea making some new ones, or using paper liners for a while? Im assuming you use wool or fleece rather than PUL? Would it be worth having a couple of days using sposies to see if it helps clear her rash so you know then if its an issue with the nappies?

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cookiegirl » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:17 pm

I used to get thrush a lot when I was pregnant...topical applications never were enough to clear it, I had to eat LOTS of live yoghurt and also take fluconazole (sp?) to really clear it, not sure what would be a baby safe dose though, probably best to check with your GP. I'd also be tempted to put the nappies and wipes through a one off boil wash cycle to really kill anything in there.
Poor Lottie :( :hug:

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:19 pm

I would go to the GP and get a more effective cream. On the GP's advice I used a layer of the cream given by the GP, with a layer of metanium over as a barrier.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:23 pm

ladybird wrote:Soothe her with natural live yoghurt. Get some acidophilus in her if you can. I'm guessing you've stripped the nappies too?
Cut back on sugars, fruit juices, etc. and yeast based foods too, they'll feed the thrush.

Oh thanks for that, i'd forgotten about yoghurt, i'll give that a go, and she does eat quite alot of bread and she has diluted fruit juice too, so i'll try cutting back.

eviesmummy wrote:Oh it sounds painful for her :( Have you taken her to see the gp - I know they can prescribe another cream for thrush that might clear it up? Hmmm, do you use fleece liners - they can get easily clogged up with creams so might be an idea making some new ones, or using paper liners for a while? Im assuming you use wool or fleece rather than PUL? Would it be worth having a couple of days using sposies to see if it helps clear her rash so you know then if its an issue with the nappies?

Thanks, i'd not thought about the fleece getting clogged, i use them all the time, I'll perhaps try making some new ones to see if that helps and yeah i use wool most of the time and fleece but no PUL. Do you think using sposies would help, i was wondering this myself but i wouldn't have aclue what size to get, she's never been in one :giggle:

Thanks for advice, i'll give these ago :) , she's up at the moment, we're just not getting a minutes peace, its just not like her, she used to be a very good sleeper.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:27 pm

2climbingboys wrote:I would go to the GP and get a more effective cream. On the GP's advice I used a layer of the cream given by the GP, with a layer of metanium over as a barrier.

cookiegirl wrote:I used to get thrush a lot when I was pregnant...topical applications never were enough to clear it, I had to eat LOTS of live yoghurt and also take fluconazole (sp?) to really clear it, not sure what would be a baby safe dose though, probably best to check with your GP. I'd also be tempted to put the nappies and wipes through a one off boil wash cycle to really kill anything in there.
Poor Lottie :( :hug:

I think a trip to the doc's might be the answer, i was going to go today but then i thought this morning it was a bit better so didn't want to waste their time, but then it got really bad again later on in the day, typical :roll:

Thanks i think if its no better by Monday, we'll have to go

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:28 pm

juboo752 wrote:Do you think using sposies would help, i was wondering this myself but i wouldn't have aclue what size to get, she's never been in one :giggle:

Im not sure if it will help, I know some people have said it has helped their lo's rashes clear up so always worth a try? And when Evie stayed with the ILs overnight I had to by a packet of sposies - I stood in Boots looking like an eejit, not a clue what size to buy for her and the ones I ended up with were HUGE :oops:

Next

Return to Nappy Rash