hf1

sore weeping bottom :-(

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

sore weeping bottom :-(

Postby twinkletot » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:33 pm

My poor ds has been having lethal poo's over the past couple of days and his bottom is actually weeping in his sore places
:( .
He is now screaming when I wipe his bottom and it it taking ages for hm to be calm again :cry: . We are using fitteds and wool so his skin can breathe a bit easier and he will have most of the day nappy free tomorrow. What else can I do to help his poorly tush

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: sore weeping bottom :-(

Postby megansmummy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:35 pm

Metanium is fab stuff if you havnt already tried it, but its horrible yellow pastey stuff and stians everything so line all your nappies... But seriously I put it on Kieren at night and by morning there is a huge difference...

Poor LO hope its better soon!!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:39 pm

One thing I was told was if the rash lasts longer than 2 weeks, switch cream as the skin will build up some immunity to it.

Also, usual advice of no wiping (whether cloth or sposie) after just a wee. Just dry it out thoroughly and put the nappy back on. Try to use just wipes and water to clean up after a poo. Plenty of nappy off time.

My avatar
toryuk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby toryuk » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:43 pm

I second Metanium - T's bum responds brilliantly to it. And yes it stains everything!! I have a tiny dot on the carpet which refuses to move..... :roll:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:51 pm

I should have mentioned metanium makes almost him all better then blistered his bum to bleeding :( .
Is there anything else like metanium does anyone know as it was fab till it made him bleed! Ds has sensitive skin and the only thing we have been able to use is sudocreme :( .
I didn't know about the immunity to cream thats very interesting. I definately need to find soemthng else for that reason then.

My avatar
kermitgirl
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby kermitgirl » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:54 pm

I find contrane cream (comes form the chemist counter) fantastic on sore bums after stealth poos, teething bum and open skin. It is a barrier cream, helps healing and antiseptic. It is also very cheap - you get four times as much for quarter the price of bepanthen and the alike. I've also used kamillosan with some success.

My avatar
mineemo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mineemo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:57 pm

wat about bepanthum (or however u spell it) thats supposed to be really good. if it dont go down tho i would take him docs as they may be able to give u sumthin else for him but stronger n more efficient.
:hug: to lo tho x

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:59 pm

I usually use sudacrem but I've read on here about using egg white. Hope his bottom gets better soon.

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:00 pm

If the skin is open and weeping then it's worth checking that it's not thrush especially if it doesn't go away after a few days.

Next

Return to Nappy Rash