hf1

Never doubt your instincts...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Never doubt your instincts...

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Well as so many people RAVE about how great metanium is I thought I'd give it a go as I need to order some more angel baby stuff which is expensive and tesco sell metanium...
My instincts have always told me to stay away - no concrete reason really just instinct I guess...

Well never again - within an hour of it being on her skin she was red raw :cry: :cry: :cry:

So I'm off to go do an emergency order of angel baby bottom balm!!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Never doubt your instincts...

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:49 pm

:( Poor Grace.
My mum and Nana swear by Sudocrem but I hate the stuff. It's thick and cloggy, it stinks and it stains anything it touches :puke: Dawn once got hold of a tub while my back was turned and the carpet was thick with the stuff for WEEKS :evil:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:50 pm

How could you possibly have an instinct about a nappy cream? sorry Grace has a sore bum, but it's just coincidence

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:53 pm

Nathan has an awful reaction to metanuim too. It makes him bleed :( . Hope her bottom gets better soon.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:53 pm

northernruth wrote:How could you possibly have an instinct about a nappy cream? sorry Grace has a sore bum, but it's just coincidence

I can see where you are coming from... But I am aware of how both my girls tend to react to 'off the shelf' products including e.g. sudocreme which Isabelle was allergic/intolerant too for ages... Hence my instinct to avoid a 'strong' product...
Metanium contains some pretty harsh chemicals and even DH was shocked when I told him what was in it...

Plus as you'll see from the other posters Grace is not alone in having a bad reaction to it ;)

Mums instincts are funny things :wink:

I don't think it is co-incidence really - sure if she'd poo'd then I'd think it was as that alone can aggravate a rash but this rash was one she's had for a few weeks in a mild way and there was no reason for it to worsen in the hour before bed...

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:57 pm

Metanium caused reactions in both my kids. Harriet was the worst, she was covered in a rash from head to toe but Dexter just had a rash on his tummy. IMO Metanium is evil stuff :-?
:hug: :hug: for Grace, hope her bottom is better soon

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:00 pm

metanium works really well for both of mine
:hug: :hug: :hug: I hope she heals nice and quickly

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:01 pm

I agree Steph, I wouldn't put the stuff near Kacie's precious bum. We used it at work on bed patients and it's vile stuff, if I'm buying off the shelf I but Kamilosan :wink:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:01 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I must remember to stay away from this stuff. I've almost bought it a couple of times, but then bought a cheaper cream instead :oops: I'm loving Boots own Bottom Balm I think it's called.

Next

Return to Nappy Rash