hf1

Sore bottom in cloth

My avatar
DLjensen
Clothie
Clothie

Sore bottom in cloth

Postby DLjensen » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:33 pm

My son is 7 months old and we have used cloth nappies since he was born. We used bamboozles with motherease wraps until recently where he has grown out of them. towards the end we experienced his skin wherever the nappy was against his skin being really red and inflamed and sometimes raised. We tried everything from using less detergent to covering the whole nappy in a fleece liner but it still was sore particually in the joins at the top of his leg. For the past month we have been using disposables and he hasn`t had the rash once.

I really don`t want to use disposables anymore and have hired a cloth nappy library to try some different ones before we buy the next size. Can anyone help me with advice on what causes the soreness and any remedies?

We are looking at buying pocket nappies this time and like the momma`s touch, Any reviews?

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Sore bottom in cloth

Postby shoogah01 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:10 pm

We get this whenever we use PUL pockets or wraps :s but we have a clear bum when using fleece or wool with fitteds.

My avatar
boothyboysmummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby boothyboysmummy » Mon May 31, 2010 9:02 pm

i use bg flips and my ds is getting a redness patch all round the front of him, not his bum!its worse in the morning after his night nappy,tonight ive put him a disposable on,but i hate using them! it sounds like the same problem as your LO's so any advice is greatly appreciated here too :wink:

My avatar
boothyboysmummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby boothyboysmummy » Mon May 31, 2010 9:03 pm

meant to say wev tried fitteds with fleece and hes even worse!!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon May 31, 2010 9:45 pm

Nathan gets sore in his skin creases if i don't meticulously dry there when i'm changing him.i can't use disposable wipes as we get a rash.
Whenever there is a rash i change every 2 hours as well and lots of nappy off time.usually he gets changed every 3 to 4 hours.we get redness sometimes after a partic wet and ammonia smelling night nappy.
Have you tried stripping the nappies?

My avatar
boothyboysmummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby boothyboysmummy » Mon May 31, 2010 9:50 pm

yes did them all last wk, it does smell v amonia,is there any night nappies that mite calm his rash down?as i think its night thats causing it, he sleeps 13hrs! so in it a good while!

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Mon May 31, 2010 10:12 pm

Rowan suffers with a similar rash when she's teething and it's worse after being in a night nappy. What works for us is a very well boosted nappy so it doesn't ever get the chance to be soaking, fleece lined, wool cover and Bepanthen cream when it is red. We also try to up her fluid intake to try and dilute her pee a little as the ammonia smell some mornings makes my eyes water! Hope you find something that works - it's horrible seeing them sore.

Cathleen xx

My avatar
boothyboysmummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby boothyboysmummy » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:38 pm

thankyou Cathleen i will try that!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:52 pm

hiya i find minkee/cuddlesoft liners very good in our nappies. we have had issues with rashes, and bleeding bums here and the minkee liners really help keep his bum dry i find, and generally less irratated too. bepanthem is fab as a cream, but we also got something from the doc (i for get the name) but that was excellent too, will have to look it up.

Next

Return to Nappy Rash