Nappy rash and liners

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Nappy rash and liners

Postby caeganol » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:22 am

hello there,

As you all know my LO is in nursery and they prefer he has liners on them. Everytime I used the liners he came up with a very sever rash.

So my question is is there a liner which will keep his bum dry and are fushable. its more for nursery, as they would otherwise just wrap the nappy with every thing in it and although I don't mind sorting them out in the night but on a few occassions have forgotten to sort them in the night (lazy and forgetfull mum!!!!! :twisted: :evil: )and argh!!!! in the morning, so was wondering if any one has found the liners that work if you LO is prone to nappy rash.

Also have noted that everytime I try night cloth bum the rash comes back, so we rae in the dreadfull sposies in the night :twisted: :twisted: :evil: .

Thanks for the help.
xxxxxxx
sukhi

My avatar
popsicle
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Nappy rash and liners

Postby popsicle » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:31 am

When I switched to paper liners from fleece ones Poppy started to get a rash, someone suggested a fleece liner under a flushable liner, that way the fleece should keep him dry but you still have the other bit you can just flush away.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:45 am

I agree with Cath, when we used paper for nursery, we put fleece underneath otherwise they didn't keep her bum dry.

Have you tried wool or fleece at night? I found that the pul wraps make Charlotte's bottom sweaty and that is when a rash starts to appear, the wool or fleece allow more air to circulate.

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:15 pm

Cath says

When I switched to paper liners from fleece ones Poppy started to get a rash, someone suggested a fleece liner under a flushable liner, that way the fleece should keep him dry but you still have the other bit you can just flush away.

But All the nappies are fleece lined, so I don't get the point of putting another liner, does it make a difference to have another line of fleece???

Thanks
sukhi

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:30 pm

If the nappies are already fleece lined then no you don't need to add another layer of fleece. You would probably find he would be wetter with two layers of fleece as it won't let the wee through ver ywell.

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:41 pm

Ali says

If the nappies are already fleece lined then no you don't need to add another layer of fleece

That's exactly what I thought.

So, I still don't know what I can do.
I don't want to give up cloth nappies, but do want to make it easier for the staff in nursery to handle.
Any suggestions??/
Thanks
sukhi

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:57 pm

Aye as Ali said you wouldn't want to put another layer of fleece in - it's only if the nappies weren't fleece lined.

Can't help on the stay-dry paper really, it could just be he doesn't like having scratchy paper next to his bum and who can blame him!! :lol:

Our nursery just wrap the pooey nappies in a plastic bag (*sigh*) and pop them in the wet bag... Wet ones go straight in the wet bag...

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:24 pm

They are expensive, but what about camomile liners
http://www.babykind.co.uk/boostersandli ... mileliners

Or have you tried different brands of disposable liners? They do vary in thickness and in the 'feel' of the paper, so maybe he'd react better to a different one.

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:46 am

Thanks Ali,
Will try these ones.
Also Lo's poo is getting a bit softer so does go all over and hopefully it will be easier.
Thanks
for the help

Steph--inspite of telling the nursery to do that(put pooey ones in a plastic bag, they don't) and they inspite of telling them again and again roll the nappy( like a toilet roll) so the poo gets to the outside of the nappy to and becomes really messey to clean.
So, I was really hoping to keep it simple for everybody. Will try some different ones and see how it goes. otherwise I will have to stick to what we are doing now.
Thanks
sukhi

P.s --I have changed the nursery and we are in the notice period and starts new nursery from 10th march.

Next

Return to Nappy Rash