hf1

Red bum :( Yay it's gone!

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Red bum :( Yay it's gone!

Postby Fayesmum » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Faye has a sore bum and I'm not sure why :-? Her front is all red and there are a couple of spots.... I've been using bepanthem which sometimes helps but she isn't clear at every nappy change. I used a silk liner last night for bed and her bum looked good this morning but I've only got 2 so can't use them all the time. I always use fleece liners though. We use fitteds and wool. She still looks sore with the wool which is what worries me most cause that in the past has always cleared anything up without needing creams

She doesn't seem to be teething, unwell, she isn't taking antibiotics. Can detergent cause a sore bum? I'm using bio co-op tablets but I think we need to change to powder
Last edited by Fayesmum on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Red bum :(

Postby ladybird » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:26 pm

Maybe try without the fleece? I had to switch all of Tallin's nappies to natural fabrics only to clear his rash, anything fleece, minkee, etc. was horrid for him.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:27 pm

:idea:
It could be a detergant build up, try a strip wash. I also found that fleece liners :idea: get build up of washing powder and get clogged with cream, this happened to us and Gracie got all red like Faye sounds, I switched to minkee liners xx
:hug: :hug: :cry:

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:34 pm

I've not long since stripped them and can't face doing it again :-? I stripped everything including liners and wipes. We have some minki liners there is perhaps a slight improvement with one instead of fleece.... perhaps I need to re strip the liners, would I get away with doing that and not the nappies? It's the drying space/time and also I had to put them in piles of stripped and to be stripped so could keep using them without needing disposables :(

I'll take a picture when she wakes if it's clear enough to see and post in private

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:41 pm

What sort of natural fabrics?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:44 pm

I threw away all the old fleece liners and got new, even after stripping they still caused redness x

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:47 pm

Fayesmum wrote:What sort of natural fabrics?

Cotton, bamboo, hemp. I ditched the liners completely along with anything synthetic in the nappies.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:56 pm

Ok well the nappies should be safe then, cause we do have a lot of bamboo inners... I'll change the detergent to powder (I had been using Ariel liquid before the co-op tabs which I'm using up) and I'll look at throwing the liners out and starting again.... the liners we've got have been used from birth apart from a few new ones

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:28 pm

I stopped using fleece liners and fleece lined nappies because they made daniel really red and sore

Next

Return to Nappy Rash