hf1

Sore leg rash :(

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Sore leg rash :(

Postby nic1 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:20 pm

babyroo wrote:I've got a huge pot, if you just want a bit I'll put it in with the dress. Or £5 for the whole pot?

Just abit will be fine for now please Ali if you could pop abit in that would be super and then if it works i will buy some. Daft question probably but she will be ok with me using it on her with her having a nut allergy? Sounds daft that but just want to check! :oops: :hohoho:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:21 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:To strip my nappies for this reason I do a normal wash with a normal amount of detergent and then do a full wash (on cold this time) without any detergent at all...
Or you can just keep rinsing and rinsing until you see no suds at all in the water when it's rinsing...

Thanks Steph, will try that, may have to pop the nappy in with some towels as it's the only one in the nappy bucket at the moment!! :hohoho:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:29 pm

I have no idea about the nut allergy though. Actually this http://www.naturessheabutter.com/catego ... aButter101 says it does come from the nut of the shea tree, so maybe a no then?

I will post it tomorrow if you still want it hun!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:41 pm

babyroo wrote:I have no idea about the nut allergy though. Actually this http://www.naturessheabutter.com/catego ... aButter101 says it does come from the nut of the shea tree, so maybe a no then?

I will post it tomorrow if you still want it hun!

Tricky one as don't know if it's just a problem with eating nuts or not. MMmm will see if anyone else knows, may post general question on it over on gen chat. See if anyone knows if it will be ok. Will get back to you and let you know either way hun.

Was the dress ok then for the wedding do? :D

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:42 pm

Yes she looked lovely in it thank you. And I got loads of compliments on it :D I've got photos on a disc somewhere but they've not made it into the computer yet :oops:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:45 pm

babyroo wrote:Yes she looked lovely in it thank you. And I got loads of compliments on it :D I've got photos on a disc somewhere but they've not made it into the computer yet :oops:

Awww glad she looked fab in it and that lots of people liked it. It is a truely stunning dress. :D :D

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:59 pm

Unfortunately I believe (not based on anything sensible I can link to - just remembering previous posts from ppl on the subject) that if you have a nut allergy you are best avoiding all shea butter based products...

Which is a problem because a lot of lovely non-commercial decent skincare products contain shea butter... :evil: sorry!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:01 pm

Have a look at the posts on this thread viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3931&p=45833&hilit=shea+nut+allergic#p45833
It was Sue talking about Rebecca's skin... Starts about 1/2 way down the page...HTH

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:15 am

Did you see my reply is gen chat, George had what sounds like the same thing a few days ago and we used bepanthen and it cleared up immediately, hope Eveis are better soon >:D<

PreviousNext

Return to Nappy Rash