hf1

What to try next? Please help us!

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: What to try next? Please help us!

Postby Chooky » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:11 am

:wave: Barley is a cereal grain that you should be able to find in your health food section in most supermarkets. If you are lucky you can sometimes get Barley water in the same section ready to go.

I didn't bother using the anti-B creams when i used the Lansinoh as i figured it was so thick the cream wouldn't make a difference anyway. But you really only need a night to see if it will help the rash anyway. so it probably won't hurt to miss one nappy with Anti-B cream IYGWIM Don't forget a liner though if you use your cloth as it will really clog up your nappies.

My avatar
charlala
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby charlala » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:59 pm

M got a new cream on Mon which is steroid cream... she's had that on last night with no fleece liner and been in fitteds all day and it is looking better... so hard to know whether it's the nappies or the cream.
I don't want to risk putting her in a minkee lined in case it flares up but at the same time I haven't got time to be selling 30+ nappies without knowing for sure it's the problem.
Dawn - we probably use about 2 tblspns of washing up powder but there are bubbles right up until near the end of the 2nd rinse so I'm thinking it probably is enough? I think if I use more I'll potentially need 3 or 4 rinses.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:09 pm

Do you use those paper liners at all? DS2 had awful rashes that got better with various creams but always returned - turned out it was the paper liners & once ditched he's never had a rash since.

Hope you get it sorted soon, it's not nice for anyone :hug:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:13 pm

I found olive oil for cleaning really good or camomile tea which I let dry on their bums or hairdryered dry.

If you use the anti-b/fungal cream then put lansinoh over it it will keep in next to the skin and protect it from being weed off.

Mine have only ever had open sores when we've had 3am poos that we dont find til morning :(

Have you tried any vinegar i nthe wash? It will inhibit any bacteria also.

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash