hf1

My top tip for nappy rash - whats yours?

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: My top tip for nappy rash - whats yours?

Postby shoogah01 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:26 pm

drying with a muslin, fleece liner and Lansinoh :giggle:
It sounds strange but it really works

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Chooky » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:39 am

Lansinoh :soapbox:
DD had Ulcers as well a minor nappy rash. I took her to the Dr as nothing was working. :x She prescribed an antibacterial cream for the ulcers and sudocream for the nappy rash. I used it for a week and it did nothing. One more ulcer popped up and i was getting to the end of my tether :evil: I read somewhere on here about Lansinoh and thought "what the hell, it can't hurt."
I put a fleece liner in her nappy and as gentle as possible put the Lansinoh on. poor DD was in so much pain she was screaming :cry: (from the wiping not the cream) Next morning the ulcers were 50% better :shock: and the rash had gone completely. It didn't hurt anymore to wipe her :wine: i only had to use it a couple more times for the ulcers to heal and disappear. :wine:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

My avatar
scubelle
Clothie
Clothie

Postby scubelle » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:49 am

After several months of persistent rash I discovered that filtering the water in LO's bottles makes all the difference! Weird huh? Maybe we have dodgy water or the Ph value is outta wack, but filtering works.

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jasmine b » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:04 pm

sunshine and lots of air i find helps fin - he rarely has a nappy on these days now.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:14 pm

The few times clara's had rash i've put her in a BG overnight and it's magically clear in the morning. No idea why, but it works for us. With DS it was stick a disposable on overnight and he'd be magically clear in the morning. Maybe it's the dryness.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:15 pm

Im a fan of camomile tea and cotton wool to clean. I then allow it to air dry or hairdryer it before putting a clean nappy on.

I also used vaseline with aloe (the wee lip pod in the green tub) over night and it was amazing. Ive given up with all the other ointments now as I didnt find they worked well anyways and ds2 never gets anything really bad.

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:31 pm

For all you :bf: mums out there EBM is fantastic stuff for nappy-rash and in fact anything remotely sore looking :wink:

My avatar
chezza
Clothie
Clothie

Postby chezza » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:25 am

I find lavender oil helps a lot.
I disolve it in a little milk and add it to our bath, it has always made a massive difference very quickly.
also use a few drops in our wipes

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Are the balms and salves and such suitable for using with cloth, though? I always thought that using creams was a no-no because of reducing the absorbancy of the fabric.

I'm looking for a new everyday balm and a heavy duty rash fixer, so wanted to check they won't effect the nappies...

PreviousNext

Return to Nappy Rash