Nappy rash :( - full of TMI!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Nappy rash :( - full of TMI!

Postby littlesez » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:47 am

ahh poor guy izzy has had this before and honestly i wouldnt put any of those harsh creams on maybe just get some shea butter or natural bottom balm instead ?

what about washing his bum in the sink when at home i know its gross but i just used my hand to wash sorry that is really awful but it was the material on izzys bum making her cry i would do anything to help her poor thing

barley water was good to when ingested it makes wee less acidic :wink:

tons of nappy off time does wonders

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:52 am

Oh yes Cham tea is excellent! Zarah had a REALLY bad rash a few weeks back we had to go into sposies just because of the amount of Metanium & sudocreme we needed to use :( every time I would take a nappy off she was clamping her little legs tightly shut and that was before I'd even started to wipe :cry: but I used the cham tea and loads of cotton wool to wash her bottom and she was far easier to clean and the rash went away after a few days (it was a BAD rash)

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:55 am

camomille tea and a couple of drops of lavendar oil. You could use it slightly warm as well as it won't be such a shock on hot skin. I hope it clears up soon.

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:58 am

the best thing that i was told to try for Harry when he had really bad nappy rash was geromolene on the open areas and then a thick layer of vasaline as a barrier over the top. not good for cloth but if you are already using sposies then it is fab! xxx

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash