hf1

Using bepanthen/sudocrem with cloth nappies?

My avatar
Robins_Mummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Using bepanthen/sudocrem with cloth nappies?

Postby Robins_Mummy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:19 pm

I've read in several posts that using nappy cream with cloth is a no-no - is this right? And if so, what do you do if/when your LO gets nappy rash, are there special creams that are ok to use with cloth?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Using bepanthen/sudocrem with cloth nappies?

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:20 pm

Just pop in a liner, some people use disposable paper ones other fleece or minkee, you can get build up on fleece after a while so may need to get rid of them x

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:21 pm

I use waitrose bottom butter, that works so much better than sudacrem and doesn't leave nasty deposits on the nappies. Smells nicer too!

You can use normal creams just make sure you use a liner.

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:33 pm

I'd use Bepanthen over Sudcrem any day, when using cloth nappies.
Bepanthen seems to soak into the skin and doesn't transfer onto the nappy (or liner) nearly as much as Sudocrem does, which just seems to sit on the skin, then wipe off onto the liner :-?
We've gt a selection of both minkee and fleece liners that we use and have had no build up on either type of liner with Bepanthen :thumbsup:

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:01 pm

Asta wrote:I use waitrose bottom butter, that works so much better than sudacrem and doesn't leave nasty deposits on the nappies. Smells nicer too!

I wish someone would rub bottom butter on my bottom.....it is gorgeous stuff and i always use it now.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:21 pm

flossyfly wrote:
Asta wrote:I use waitrose bottom butter, that works so much better than sudacrem and doesn't leave nasty deposits on the nappies. Smells nicer too!

I wish someone would rub bottom butter on my bottom.....it is gorgeous stuff and i always use it now.

:giggle:

Sudocrem works wonders here, thankfully we haven't had to use it very often at all x

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:23 pm

on the odd occasion we need cream (usually teething related!) we either use bepanthan or metanium with a fleece liner! and plenty of nappy free time ;)

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:01 pm

I used a liner regardless of what cream I tried - and we tried a lot due to DS's horrific nappy rash! I was always terrified of any getting some on the nappy ruining it, so didn't think it was worth the risk not to.

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:50 pm

Kirstyh wrote:
flossyfly wrote:

:giggle:

I agree! I love baby bottom butter and have been known to rub it on my face :-) fab bum cream!

Next

Return to Nappy Rash