hf1

Nursery disaster and nappy rash.

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Nursery disaster and nappy rash.

Postby katyav » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:25 am

jclmellor wrote:thanks for all the replies. nursery changes nappies at 10am, 1pm and 4pm, so every three hours. that should be okay, or should it be more frequently? (DD isn't a heavy wetter) xxx

DD hardly ever goes 3 hours without a nappy change, she is a heavy wetter but I'm more concerned about her eczema/rash getting worse so when we're at home it's about every couple of hours, but like dawnsmummy said if the nappy is wet/dirty it should be changed right away!

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:28 am

dawnsmummy wrote:they're too used to dispicables and being able to have the nappy hanging by their knees before it needs changed. :puke:

People do that?! :puke: :puke:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:32 am

katyav wrote:
dawnsmummy wrote:they're too used to dispicables and being able to have the nappy hanging by their knees before it needs changed. :puke:

People do that?! :puke: :puke:

Yup, sadly :(

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:50 am

anothersquish wrote:Id be telling them that if she had left pee patches on the carpet they were neglecting to change her often enough! Point out you are using the combination because MEDICALLY it is required and they need to do the job they are paid to do and change your daughter often enough so her woollies dont leak through.

Totally agree with this. It's not like she is a young immobile baby stuck in the same position for a long time either :x

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:53 am

I would switch from Daz - it's the one powder I've heard causing problems repeatedly.
Otherwise - yes, as above, she needs changing more often - they're responsibility, nothing you're doing wrong. I would make sure to send her in well lanolised wool though.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:36 pm

:hug: WTS if she's wet enough to leave marks on the carpet they are not changing enough, I would argue with them that medically she needs changing more often and that pul will make her condition worse. I don't know what your longies are like, but some people (like my dh :roll: ) find wool interlock a bit more acceptable than longies , just becuase it looks more 'normal'. I've used really boring poplini wool interlock wraps with ds2 and not had any wicking and he's been in a sling all the time (been in a buggy twice). I have some other brands too, but the only thing they all have in common is they are double layer interlock.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:41 pm

ladybird wrote:I would switch from Daz - it's the one powder I've heard causing problems repeatedly.

I used 1 small box of Daz a few weeks ago & dd had horrible reactions to it. Her usually mild eczema was on fire. Came on here & was told not to use it & that made a huge difference.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:34 pm

jclmellor wrote:thanks for all the replies. nursery changes nappies at 10am, 1pm and 4pm, so every three hours. that should be okay, or should it be more frequently? (DD isn't a heavy wetter) xxx

IMO 3 hours is too long esp for a baby with rash problems. I would insist on changing every 1.5-2 hours. Simply having her changed more often may clear the rash (oh and I agree with changing the Daz)

My avatar
yummymummysaraya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby yummymummysaraya » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:19 pm

tell nursery to sprinkle sand on the carpet if it gets wet cos it sucks up the wee, then all they have to do is sweep or hoover it and give it a bit of a wipe. theyre a nursery what do they expect to happen. thats what my los nursery does & they have a lovely carpet!! xx

PreviousNext

Return to Nappy Rash