hf1

Cloth rash but no rash in disposables

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Cloth rash but no rash in disposables

Postby Cj2011 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:27 am

It could be the fleece liner. Caoimhe has eczema and cant have fleece near her. Even if I'm wearing fleece her skin will flare up straight away wherever it touches it. I dont know if its related to the eczema or just a fleece allergy but might be worth trying without the liner.

My avatar
yummymummysaraya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby yummymummysaraya » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:08 am

adam has eczema too, so it could be related for all of them? i have to use oilatum in the bath for him & little angels moisturiser. i just use water with his wipes, but i have bamboo terry & cotton wipes, cos i cant use fleece wipes for him either. xx

My avatar
Nadine
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Nadine » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:27 am

My liners are minkee not fleece sorry!! but she had the rash before usig them.

My avatar
yummymummysaraya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby yummymummysaraya » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:10 am

aww bless her. hmm :/ im completely at a loss. ive read a lot of stuff about how powder is better than liquid detergents cos you dont get as much build up. maybe you could try soap nuts? theyre supposed to be really good & i think are good for sensitive skin. then again ive read bad stuff about fairy but its the only thing adam isnt allergic to so i use fairy powder when i do mine. xx

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:08 pm

We have this issue with fleece and minky lined nappies, DD gets very sore after a few minutes in pockets so we had to switch to fitted nappies with no stay dry inners, we use paper liners and wool over the top and the issue has cleared up. I would suggest to avoid polyester and go for natural fabrics and also use a muslin to dry her when changing

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:04 pm

shoogah01 wrote:We have this issue with fleece and minky lined nappies, DD gets very sore after a few minutes in pockets so we had to switch to fitted nappies with no stay dry inners, we use paper liners and wool over the top and the issue has cleared up. I would suggest to avoid polyester and go for natural fabrics and also use a muslin to dry her when changing

Could be as Michelle says
Also i would stop using the ecover liquid, as a pp said liquid clogs up machines and build up on clothes, also after a while it makes washing stink, I used it at the start of our cloth days as i thought it was the right thing to do, I spend my days wondering what the horrid smell was and it was the ecover! Bio powder is best, we washed at 60 and did 2 extra rinses at the end of the wash x

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:24 pm

hope you manage to find a solution - we couldn't and switched to disposables in the end :(

DD has got ridiculously sensitive skin, and anything rubbing on it gives her a rash - she got a weal on her neck from her amber teething necklace - then started to get one from the rolled edge of some of her tops :shock:

I used cloth with DS - and had no issues at all, in the end we were using terries washed at 90 and wool covers for dd and still when we went on holiday she had less rashes with disps - as soon as we switched back to cloth when we got home they got worse again.

It's worth trying lots of different things - babies do have sensitivities to various things, but don't beat yourself up - they're just nappies at the end of the day :wink: I gave myself a really hard time to start with for not using cloth - but you have to do what's best for LO. :hug:

My avatar
moominmamma
Clothie
Clothie

Postby moominmamma » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:39 am

I'd also say ditch the Ecover- I'd been cheerfully using it for my own things for 15 years or so but very quickly found that it gave DD a horrible bum rash
(and I'd been warned that it often caused rashes, how bad did I feel? naughty momma!)

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:46 am

If I remember rightly annika had a problem with all man made fabrics in nappies. once she swapped to fitteds with no stay dry layers so all bamboo fleece, bamboo terry, bv etc then the rash cleared up. Do you have any fitted or nappies that are a bit more natural?

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash