hf1

Red raised lumpy rash

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Red raised lumpy rash

Postby Asta » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:52 am

Esmé has had a persistant rash that at its worse is raised and lumpy and very sore. The Drs gave us a steroid cream to use for a week which did calm it down, then a canetstan cream that calmed it down but never got rid of it completely. We've now finished the tube.

I was going to take her back to the Drs but I read another post on here that suggested this kind of reaction could be an allergic reaction. Does this sound right? If so I'll try changing washing powder and see if it helps.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Red raised lumpy rash

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:02 pm

Asta wrote:Esmé has had a persistant rash that at its worse is raised and lumpy and very sore. The Drs gave us a steroid cream to use for a week which did calm it down, then a canetstan cream that calmed it down but never got rid of it completely. We've now finished the tube.

I was going to take her back to the Drs but I read another post on here that suggested this kind of reaction could be an allergic reaction. Does this sound right? If so I'll try changing washing powder and see if it helps.

It is more likely to be a reaction to something she is eating... Have a read of the post about washing powder in the washing section... If she is reacting to washing powder it is more likely that it isn't rinsing out of the nappies properly not the detergent that is at fault...

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Red raised lumpy rash

Postby Asta » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:08 pm

I usually do two rinses with 'aqua plus' on so I doubt that's the reason. Even a strip wash didn't help. I guess it could be some sort of fruit, she eats a lot of it at nursery and the rash does get better over the weekend as we don't eat so much at home.

Return to Nappy Rash